Richmond Shared Services
has the following opportunity available at its business office located in The Boulders Office Park, 7325 Beaufont Springs Drive, Boulders VII, Richmond, Va. 23225. Shift hours can be Monday - Friday, either 7am - 3:30pm, 7:30am - 4pm, 8am - 4:30pm or 8:30am - 5pm.
Performs account reviews, follow-up and resolution of bad debt. pre-list.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
auditor and files a complete log after audit.
- Maintains all payment reports. Report copies are sent to the agency to post payments either daily, weekly or by disc. Ensures that the tapes and reports match and balance.
- Agency pre-list is worked weekly to ensure that all accounts are second placed or days are reset according to corporate standards. Agency 05 reports are reviewed to ensure the agencies are working accounts according to expected standards.
- Work the Bad Debt Pre List weekly and verify proper aging on all accounts.
- Maintains all agency reports, remits, etc. to meet with the corporate retention schedules. Work the acknowledgement and close and return reports monthly.
- Handles all calls from the agencies. Responds to requests which include research payments, contractual, approving arrangements, audits, etc.
- Handles all calls from patients on legal accounts. Works with the patient in regards to payment arrangements and acts as a liaison with the attorney to ensure that both ends are handling collection on the accounts in the same manner.
- Handles all patient walk-ins that need to discuss legal accounts. Reviews all problems on the account and works with the attorney to help the patient to understand the collection process and ensure that the account is being handled consistently at the attorney and the hospital level.
- Handles the write-off on Medicare accounts. Completes and checks the worksheets for errors. Reviews accounts to ensure that only the patient portions are logged. Works with the Medicare
- Assists with the Charity log.
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- At least 2 years medical office/healthcare experience required
- Relevant education may substitute experience requirement