About The Job
Passionate about Agile, Scrum, Lean start-up or XP? We want to talk to you. This is
a unique opportunity to become a thought leader for a fast-growing coaching
company and take an active role in designing and implementing Enterprise Agile
& Lean practices. Do you thrive on customizing agile processes to empower
software development teams to achieve substantial improvements in
productivity? Then we want to meet you. Do you want to create nimble
environments in which teams deliver high quality products rapidly and
frequently? Please apply now.
If you are driven to learn and grow every single day, this is the opportunity
You thrive in a start-up style environment that focuses on getting things done and
delivering client value beyond expectations. You learn and grow every day, and
feel driven to work with what excites you. You have relentless passion for what you do,
and want to work with others who feel the same. You have managed multiple projects
from inception through successful delivery. You have at least 3 years of experience
coaching teams in agile or lean practices for customer-focused product development.
You love empowering people with agile and lean principles to deliver customer value.
InRhythm is an Agile-focused technology consulting and advisory firm based in
Midtown Manhattan. We're no ordinary tech consulting company, and that shows
in our extraordinary people and the clients we work with. We have an
impressive record of success with clients ranging from Fortune 500
organizations to exciting high-growth companies. We have successfully
transitioned more than 100 teams to high-performance agile operation. We've
worked with Weight Watchers, Equinox, Barnes & Noble, Hertz, Time, Inc,
Amplify, Yodle.com, Mimeo.com, Booker.com, Tory Burch, and Media Math, among
We love facilitating Enterprise Agile transformation at client firms by
aligning strategy and business models, establishing customer focus and product
vision, and introducing superior development practices and technical
infrastructure. We enable clients to focus organizational structure, culture
and incentives, roles and responsibilities, and skills and capabilities around
rapid, frequent, and regular delivery of top-quality customer-facing software
products. We build collaborative teams that share ideas and learn from each
other, and grow professionally, intellectually, and personally. InRhythm is
a challenging and exciting place to work, and our people make us who we are.
We take pride in our values and track record of excellence, and in the past
three years have grown by over 300%. In 2013 InRhythm was named as one of
INC's Top 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America, and was also
featured on the NYC Top 100 Growing Companies list.
Required Skills and Experience
- Customize & apply Agile & Lean practices to align more closely with the needs of the enterprise.
- Lead Enterprise Agile bootcamps at client sites.
- Establish clear roles and responsibilities for team members.
- Mentor teams in effective self-organization.
- Coach teams through rapid formulation, validation, and delivery of customer-focused products.
- Foster servant-style leadership supporting Agile adoption and cultural transformation.
- Deliver on-site seminars to client staff to spread understanding and support for Agile adoption.
- Provide ongoing visibility into agile practices to client management.
- Continuously collect feedback and improve delivery of value to clients.
Good To Have
- At least 3 years coaching teams in Agile or Lean practices.
- At least 3 years managing software development projects.
- Strong understanding of Agile and Lean start-up principles.
- Strong understanding of what make software organizations work well.
- Strong understanding of software engineering & product management.
- Excellent presentation skills & able to interact with stakeholders.
- Facilitation of scrum team processes: backlog grooming, iteration planning, reviews, and retrospectives, stand-up.
- High verbal and written communication facility.
- Expertise in multiple software development methodologies: waterfall, agile, lean, rational unified process, XP, etc.
- Consulting experience.
- Comfortable operating at all levels of an enterprise.
- Ability to receive and rapidly absorb feedback.
- Willingness to travel when necessary.
- Early start-up experience.
- Software development background.
- Familiarity with Lean entrepreneurship.
- Experience leading classroom and workshop training sessions.
- Certification as Scrum Master, Scrum Professional, or Scrum Trainer (CSM, CSP, CST).
- Experience with low-fidelity prototyping and usability testing.
- Exposure to acceptance-test-driven development.
InRhythm - 6 months ago
Who Are We?
We are a NY city based boutique agile process-consulting and product development firm that specializes in a whole gamut of...