DTW - Aicraft Cleaners - DTW
posted on: Tuesday, February 26 2013
Full Time, Hourly / Detroit, MI
PrimeFlight Aviation Services is seeking Cabin Appearance Agents for the Detriot Airport. The hourly wage for this position is $8.75.
Job Title: Cabin Services/Cleaning Agent
Summary: Provide a clean aircraft to our airline customers and their passengers by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Direct lift truck movement and positioning in some locations
• Remove all trash from aircraft
• Clean and restock all lavatories
• Clean galley
• Clean all seats, seat back pockets, tray tables and replace soiled magazines
• Fold blankets and store blankets and pillows in overhead compartments
• Clean aircraft floor
• Carry out other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Problem Solving, Customer Service, Interpersonal, Oral Communication
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 18 years of age
• Have ability to demonstrate daily a fitness for duty without any impairment due to illegal drugs, sleep deprivation, medication, or alcohol
• Reliable transportation
• Eligible to work in the United States
High school diploma or equivalent
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively in English.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Efficient, immediate problem solving capabilities.
No skills needed
Certificates and Licenses:
No Certificates or Licenses required.
There or no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may become high at various times. Employee must be willing to wear/utilize company-supplied personal protective equipment (hearing protection) to mitigate their noise exposure.
Some work is in an outside environment, with exposure to hot and cold temperatures.
At times this work involves exposure to human waste or vomit while cleaning as well as exposure to cleaning chemicals. Employee must be able to complete cleaning duties using company-provided protective gloves and/or eye protection or face shields.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Walk and climb up and down a minimum of 500 stairs daily
• Walk, stretch, and bend
• Lift and carry up to 50 pounds
• Be able to work in tight spaces
• Reach above head, full extension (72 inches) with arms
• Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
• Be able to hear and respond to the spoken voice and to audible alarms generated by terminal environment
• Specific vision abilities required for this job include: Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more); color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors); peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
PrimeFlight has a heritage of leadership, relationships in airports across the country, and a reputation for success. PrimeFlight provides...