TECHNICIAN/MECHANIC – AIR COMPRESSOR
Location: LAPORTE, TEXAS
# of Openings: 1
Total Safety, the leading global outsourced provider of integrated safety and compliance solutions and products, is looking for an experienced air compressor mechanic/technician to be responsible for running and maintaining breathing air compressors to produce grade D breathing air.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and test breathing air to ensure it meets specifications.
- Identify and order appropriate parts necessary to complete repairs and routine maintenance.
- Perform standard repairs on compressors and related equipment; replace parts and equipment as necessary.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment according to established guidelines and schedules.
- Complete all work orders and time sheets in a legible, accurate and timely manner.
- Adhere to Lock Out Tag Out protocol.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Perform all work in accordance with established quality standards and safety procedures.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- High School Graduate or GED preferred, and/or two to four years of related experience.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- The trait of being comfortable in making decisions for oneself.
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Basic computer navigation and utilization skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- M edical, Prescription Drug, Dental & Vision insurance coverage on a cost-sharing basis.
- B asic group term life, accidental death & dismemberment, and short and long-term disability insurance.
- V oluntary program of additional group term life insurance (and AD&D) is also available.
- 4 01(k) Retirement Plan with matching.
- G enerous vacation plan, holiday schedule and sick-time benefit plan.
To be considered for this position, apply online at Total Safety U.S., Inc. career center at www.totalsafety.com . Search for this job by location, complete online application and attach your resume, cover letter, and any other pertinent documents.
RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY NON-SOLICITED RECRUITING SOURCES