SWCA Environmental Consultants is an employee-owned company of environmental professionals who specialize in natural and cultural resource management, environmental planning, and regulatory compliance.
We are seeking an Air Quality Specialist for our Houston, Texas office. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with preparation of proposals, conducting technical and regulatory analysis of emission sources, preparing reports, and presenting solutions to clients. The Air Quality Specialist will be required to stay current on air quality regulations. This is a full-time, salaried position reporting to the Principal.
We offer a team-oriented work environment, and a competitive compensation and benefits package, including an employee stock ownership plan (retirement).
- Assist in business development efforts to increase SWCA’s air quality practice;
- Preparation of stand alone, or sections, of proposals related to air quality;
- Develop emission calculations (criteria pollutants, hazardous air pollutants, and greenhouse gases);
- Gather technical data from clients and through independent research;
- Determine NSPS, NESHAP, and NSR/PSD requirements for emission sources;
- Assist in preparing compliance and permitting documents;
- Assist with technical analysis, evaluation, and preparation of air quality and soundscapes sections for NEPA, FERC and NRC documents;
- Calculate emissions to determine impacts using various emission and noise models and documenting the results in a technical report; and
- Work closely with Project Managers in implementing project tasks.
Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, SWCA has offices throughout the West, Southwest, Pacific Northwest, and the Pacific Islands. Since its founding in 1981, SWCA has achieved a national reputation for providing its clients with professional integrity as well as creative solutions based on sound science. SWCA ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
- BS degree in Chemical or Environmental Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years work experience in the environmental field, primarily in air permitting and compliance.
- Work experience with an industrial, research, consulting or regulatory agency is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of state, local, and federal air quality regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexible and willingness to support non-air related projects as needed.
- Excellent time management skills to support multiple activities on an on-going basis by given deadline.
- Air Quality experience in oil and gas (upstream and midstream), power generation, and mining is strongly desired.
In support of our value of integrity, SWCA promotes a safe and drug free workplace. We participate in e-verify and pre-employment background screening services. SWCA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans to apply.
SWCA Environmental Consultants - 2 years ago