Brief Position Description:
- : A terminal professional degree in a mental health discipline (Master’s/Doctoral degree) or Bachelor’s degree with significant addiction experience and certification as a CAC in the state of Ohio. Possession of CAC in the state of Ohio or eligibility for either independent or basic licensure as a mental health professional in the state of Ohio. (If not currently licensed person must secure a license to practice as a mental health professional prior to assuming the position)
Experience : Three years of experience as an Addictions counselor. Please note: Requirement may be waived if candidate possesses other relevant clinical experience.
- Other : Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, own vehicle with vehicle liability insurance. Must be 21 years of age or older. Should have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge of social systems required.
- Provides therapeutic services to the clients.
- Conducts diagnostic assessments of alcohol and drug dependence
- Facilitates outpatient individual, group and family counseling sessions by utilizing addiction counseling skills and techniques.
- Monitors client progress and modifies treatment plan as need arises.
- Responds to emergencies by providing assistance to other staff members and taking appropriate and positive actions to de-escalate and control clients who are dangerous to self or others.
- Meets regularly with the coordinator of therapeutic services to review and discuss client caseload. Ensures compliance and quality standards by reviewing case notes.
- Keeps accurate records by completing and maintaining required documentation including diagnostic assessments, case notes in a timely manner as dictated by agency policies and procedures.
St. Aloysius - 12 months ago