The University of Oregon Counseling and Testing Center (UCTC) invites applications for an Alcohol and Other Drug Post-Doctoral Counselor. This position is a twelve month position with possibility of one renewal for an additional twelve months dependent on funding and performance as an Officer of Administration.
Level of Appointment : 1.0 FTE (12-Months)
Term of Contract: Fixed Term position (renewable contract)
Salary : $40,000
The UCTC is a unit within the Division of Student Affairs. Successful candidates will be able to articulate an understanding of the role of a counseling center on a university campus and preferably have previous experience collaborating with campus partners.
Primary Job Duties:
General duties include providing AOD programs and services to university students, consult with campus colleagues regarding campus AOD programs, and collaborate with campus colleagues to provide AOD prevention programs in addition to providing triage/assessment, group therapy, outreach and crisis intervention. Experience with alcohol and other drug assessment and intervention and developmental issues and other mental health issues relevant to college students is required. This position is intended to provide advanced training and practice subsequent to a doctoral internship as preparation for university counseling center professional work specializing in alcohol and other drug issues. Successful candidates should demonstrate alcohol and other drug intervention skills and strong generalist clinical skills.
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA-accredited program by start date.
- Dissertation completed by start date.
- ompletion of an APPIC-accredited internship in a college/university counseling center
- AOD intervention experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse environment.
- Previous experience in college or university mental health.
- Demonstrable multicultural competence.
- Commitment to multicultural organizational development.
- Experience providing BASICS AOD programs on a college/university campus.
- APA accredited internship.
- Familiarity with ASAM criteria.
To ensure consideration, please submit applications by March 22, 2013. Position will remain open until filled. Applications received after the review date may not be reviewed.
Selected candidate must successfully complete a criminal records background check and licensing board check.
To apply, please send an electronic copy of:
1. Cover letter which addressed your qualifications and interest in our position
2. Current vita which includes dates of employment
3. Names and relationship to candidate, phone numbers and addresses of three professional references, one of which is a current or most recent supervisor
Please address all of the minimum and preferred qualifications in your application materials.
Ms. Starr Miller
Administrative Services Assistant
University Counseling & Testing Center
1590 East 13th Avenue
Eugene, OR 97403-1280
Phone: (541) 346-3228
Fax: (541) 346-2842
Web site: http://counseling.uoregon.edu
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution committed to creating a more inclusive and diverse institution and seeks candidates with demonstrated potential to contribute positively to its diverse community.
The University of Oregon is a beautiful 250-acre campus with shady, tree-lined footpaths and beautiful landscaping. Located 110 miles south of Portland, the University of Oregon has an enrollment of 24,000 students. The University is an AAU research institution and a member of the Pac-12 athletic conference.
Region Description :
The Eugene metro area (pop. 215,000) is in a region noted for its dynamic quality of life and progressive cultural environment. Rated as one of the top ten cycling cities in the U.S., Eugene has miles and miles of biking, walking and jogging paths. Known for its cultural events, Eugene is the home of the Hult Center for the Performing Arts. The outdoor Saturday Market features arts and crafts, food booths and music. The UO is an hour’s drive from the Pacific Coast and the Cascade Mountains. All of these activities and more make Eugene, Oregon’s second largest city, a unique and wonderful place to pursue a career.