Department and Position Description :
Alltech’s 160-member marketing team supports the company’s strategic vision and goals, including corporate sponsorship. An opening now exists for an Alltech Crop Science PR/Web Assistant at our International Headquarters located in Nicholasville, Kentucky.
Primary responsibilities include working with the Crop Science team, North America PR team and the North America Web team to establish clear and consistent communication of Alltech’s story through various news and media outlets both locally and nationally. The position also includes some administrative responsibilities.
This position will report to the Alltech Crop Sciences Brand Manager and provide support to the global Alltech Crop Science team. Qualified candidates will have the potential to grow within the company.
Position Responsibilities :
The Ideal Candidate will possess :
- Write, edit and publish:
- Blog posts
- General website updates
- Email campaigns/quarterly newsletter
- Press releases
- Maintain online and other media presence:
- Ensure online content is relevant and active
- Manage the Alltech Crop Science blog
- Build up the Alltech Crop Science online community
- Develop articles from the field
- Content conceptualization:
- Develop Crop Science story ideas, including the identification of the proper storytelling medium for the desired objectives
- Support the PR team in the generation of Crop Science talking points and other messaging
- Assist with Crop Science related social media postings and monitoring
- Crop Science press monitoring:
- Review publications and all online sources daily
- Log and print all coverage; share with the appropriate team members
- Assist the Global PR team in global strategy initiatives and in press event coordination for Crop Science (promotion, logistics, onsite support, etc. as needed)
- Crop, resize and upload photos
- Assist with administrative tasks including correspondence, budget reconciliation, expense reporting, and travel planning
Alltech offers a comprehensive benefits package and an atmosphere for professional and personal development. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills with a superior attention to detail and precision
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to properly prioritize projects and simultaneous deadlines
- A team attitude
- The ability to adapt and remain flexible in a fast-paced and sometimes high pressure environment
- The desire to learn and grow
- International exposure or proficiency in a second language
- A strong interest in a career in public relations representing agribusiness
- A Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, communications or a closely related field
- Experience with writing in AP Style (required)
- Experience with updating a website and basic HTML knowledge (preferred)
Please submit resumes to email@example.com . No phone calls please.
Alltech Nutrition - 12 months ago