Alterations and Tailor Shop Administrator -Menlo Park
Nordstrom is a fashion specialty retailer founded on a simple idea: offer each customer the best possible service, quality, value and selection. We are looking for a talented individual to provide administrative support to our Alterations and Tailor Shop.
From attentive salespeople to meticulous tailors and innovative merchants, our teams are comprised of talented people who work hard to delight the customer. When you join a Nordstrom Store, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to creating memorable and rewarding shopping experiences for our customers.
The ideal administrator is motivated, results oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service.
- Enter alterations ticket information in the computer system accurately and efficiently
- Organize workload by shop standards
- Answer telephones and direct fitters to requesting departments
- Understand and practice Nordstrom standard Alterations/Tailor Shop markings
- Perform basic garment repairs by hand, including sewing buttons, pressing and cleaning merchandise
- Assist shop manager with maintaining reports
- Demonstrate the safe and proper use of all equipment in the shop
- Perform monogramming with monogramming machine, as necessary
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to
magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
- Strong data entry and written communication skills
- Ability to type a approximately 50 words per minute
- Basic sewing and tailoring skills such as sewing buttons, pressing and cleaning merchandise
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with customers and coworkers
- Strong computer proficiency, including Excel and Outlook and comfortable learning new computer applications
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store needs
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Nordstrom - 15 months ago
Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, men and...