The Alumni Administrative Assistant is responsible for a variety of administrative functions in support of an individual or department including scheduling appointments providing information to callers/visitors, composing correspondence and responding to emails, creating presentations, gathering information, preparing reports, monitoring office expenses, etc. Also responsible for completing a variety of administrative and/or clerical support tasks in the department or area assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides administrative and clerical support to an individual or department completing a variety of tasks as assigned.
- Coordinates individual or department schedules and update each calendar accordingly.
- Functions as a receptionist for the department, greeting and responding to telephone, email, or in-person inquiries from visitors, vendors, contractors, etc. answering questions or referring the person to the appropriate WWP staff member.
- Composes correspondence, including mail, telephone, or email inquiries for information or to address issues within scope of responsibilities.
- Gathers information, prepares reports/presentations as requested.
- Monitors office supply inventory and equipment usage, ensuring proper stock of supplies and equipment adequately functioning.
- Arranges individual or department staff travel logistics, as requested.
- Assists in coordination and planning of WWP events, activities, and projects, as assigned.
The employee’s job functions include but are not limited to those mentioned above.
Minimum of two (2) years experience in administrative and/or staff support position. Nonprofit experience preferred. High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office or Mac programs.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a collaborative, team environment
- Excellent organizational, written and communication skills
- High energy level, self-motivated, positive, outgoing, personable and able to relate well with diverse populations
- Demonstrate commitment to the organization and timely completion of required assignments
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task and work well under pressure
- Effectively manage multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail in a fast paced environment
- Organized, diligent, and able to troubleshoot, problem-solve and prioritize
- Strong organizational and time management skills with highly developed attention to detail
- Very strong project management skills required
- Excellent customer service skills
- High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to travel as necessary
Wounded Warrior Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
It is Wounded Warrior Project policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Wounded Warrior Project does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and childbirth, or related medical conditions), color, religion, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, legally-protected medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by state or federal laws.
Wounded Warrior Project - 18 months ago