Wounded Warrior Project Alumni Applicants : If you are a Wounded Warrior Project Alumnus and wish to apply, please click here . Attach a copy of your resume along with the title of the position you are applying for. After you have submitted your resume via email to the Warriors to Work team through the above link, please continue to the bottom of the job description to formally apply online to the opportunity. If you are not an Alumnus with Wounded Warrior Project please continue to the bottom of the page to submit your resume.
The Alumni Manager will manage Wounded Warrior Project’s (WWP) Alumni and Outreach efforts and activities around the country at medical treatment facilities (MTFs), military installations and within local communities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage Wounded Warrior Project Area Outreach Coordinator (AOC) and Warrior Outreach Coordinator (WOC) outreach efforts.
- Develop, coordinate, plan and execute local and regionally based alumni events
- Outreach to warriors and family members to gain support and attendance for local and regionally based events.
- Support WWP by acting as representatives at events for, or benefiting, WWP (ie: Alumni events, media opportunities, recreational events, fundraising events, etc.)
- Regularly communicate, network, mentor, and outreach to wounded warriors in their local areas as the designated local WWP representative
- Understand, contribute to, and spread word of the mission of WWP
- Locate Wounded Warriors that have not yet had contact with WWP and introduce WWP’s programs and services
- Maintain regular communication with the Alumni Director/Outreach
- Maintain and update all WWP intranet electronic tracking systems, specifically the warrior database (Salesforce)
- Develop community support and to speak on behalf of WWP
- Manage grassroots efforts and support specific campaigns as needed
- Determine and network resources and events taking place in specified region for warrior participation, as well as outreach/awareness, resource development, partnership, speaking opportunities, etc.
- Actively participate in and/or plan events for the warriors in any regional Department of Defense (DoD) facilities
- Serve as a point of contact for wounded warriors in region and refer to WWP staff and other organizations as resources
- Mentor Area Outreach Coordinators, Warrior Outreach Coordinators and Events Coordinators
- Must have the ability and the dedication to travel in support of the outreach needs of the organization outside the facilities they work
- Other duties as assigned
The employee’s job functions include but are not limited to those mentioned above.
Requirements: (Minimum Requirements)
- Self-motivated, positive, outgoing, personable and able to relate well with diverse populations and age groups
- Able to take initiative, multi-task, work well under pressure, and complete required assignments in a timely fashion
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the organization and able to timely complete required assignments
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task and work well under pressure
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; team player, ability to communicate with diverse personalities, tactful, mature and flexible
Bachelor's degree or 4 years relevant military work experience required. Experience with military treatment facilities and/or military medical separation/retirement process. Possession of valid US state driver’s license. Experience in relationship-building with military organizations, veterans associations, and other targeted constituents. Experience in organizing and coordinating events. Must be able to travel 25% to 50% of the time.
Experience working with military rank structure, protocols and culture preferred. Experience using social networking as related to veteran engagement. Should have excellent communication skills and ability to build rapport with service specific wounded warrior programs and transitioning/separating veterans. Experience working independently and comfortable being managed remotely.
Wounded Warrior Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
It is Wounded Warrior Project policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Wounded Warrior Project does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and childbirth, or related medical conditions), color, religion, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, legally-protected medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by state or federal laws.