Are you ready for an exciting career move? We're a fast moving $15 billion, Fortune 200 publicly-traded company with more than 10,000 stores and 11 distribution centers in 40 states, growing by hundreds of stores each year. We work in an energetic team atmosphere that leverages each person’s strengths and maximizes potential. We are committed to attracting upbeat, talented, and motivated people who can advance our mission of "Serving Others."
- Assisting in recruiting and staffing a store team.
- Assisting with store merchandising by staging, stocking and placing merchandise in storage
- Providing customer service leadership
- Participating in store opening and closing activities
- Completing all paperwork and documentation according to guidelines and deadlines.
- Managing the store in store manager's absence
- Ensuring proper cash handling and register procedures, key control and company security practices.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
- Ability to perform IBM cash register functions to generate reports.
- Knowledge of inventory management and merchandising practices.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing, hiring, counseling and termination practices including legal compliance and internal processes.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices (deposits, store keys, SAFE program, etc.)
- Good organization skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists.
- Minimum 1 year experience managing a similar small box retail, grocery or convenience store environment or department manager experience in a big box environment.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Competitive Salary
- Annual bonus potential
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401 K
- And More!
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.