Habitat for Humanity West Hawaii which is located in Kailua-Kona, HI is seeking to fill the following opportunity:
Project Development VISTA
Habitat for Humanity West Hawaii has recently become a Neighborhood Revitalization Initiative (NRI) affiliate and is seeking an enthusiastic and committed Project Development VISTA to support the volunteer development for this program and our traditional building program, allowing us to serve more families with a larger array of housing products. This position will help develop the optimum relationship between the volunteers corps and our applicant partner families; assisting with some aspects of the family selection process.
Project Development VISTA member will be responsible for:
1. Furthering public relations with daily activities with social networks and Craigslist postings to attract new volunteers and provide information about the ReStore and the Habitat Homebuilding Program
2. Developing new relationships with building industries, corporations and appliance companies and home repair retail stores like Lowes and Home Depot etc.
3. Developing our website postings and community relations with press releases
4. Creating a marketing plan that includes details, tips, and procedures for website and social media postings
5. Developing systems and procedures for recruiting, training, recognizing and retaining volunteers
6. Assisting with the family selection process, and documenting procedures and systems to streamline the family selection process
Requirements to serve:
Education/Experience/Knowledge/Skills required for this position:
- Age 18 or older
- A U.S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalence -- or agree to work towards one while serving.
- Must have a valid driver's license
Physical requirements for this position:
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments
- Superior public speaking and writing skills
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Teambuilding experience desirable
- Attention to detail a must
- Strong computer skills including social networking, and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Some experience in event coordination desirable
Habitat AmeriCorps VISTAs commit to one year of service and receive a minimal living allowance.
- Ability to sit at desk and computer for extended lengths of time
- About 50% of this position also requires outreach in the community, including visiting families in their homes
Please submit a Motivational Statement with your resume stating why you wish to serve with Habitat and AmeriCorps.
Habitat for Humanity engages people of all ages and backgrounds in addressing community needs.
Habitat for Humanity - 14 months ago
Habitat offers opportunities to work in many different areas such as Resource Development, Communications, Finance, Administration, Human Re...