The Analyst / Manager of Clinical Outsourcing is a key role focused on supporting OPDC Clinical Outsourcing personnel with sourcing / financial data collection and analysis for decision-making. The Analyst / Manager will work with other OPDC functions and external vendors to gather financial / vendor data which may include; spend data, accounts payable info, vendor data by category, cost savings opportunities, etc. The position also provides support in developing and maintaining internal contracting processes and standards. The position may include coordination and oversight of flexible staffing coordination and contractor administration as well as tracking and reporting of third party contractors and flexible staffing resources and needs analysis. The position has responsibility for developing cost effective analysis' for CROs and other vendors. Additional responsibilities include assessing internal / stakeholder needs and ensuring compliance with policies and SOPs. The Analyst / Manager of Clinical Outsourcing will evaluate the need to develop special outsourcing analysis' to address specific category / vendor classifications to assist in targeting strategic sourcing opportunities. The position will include developing templates to include in creating clinical category source plans. The position will be responsible for creating presentations in support of sourcing data and analysis for review by Clinical Outsourcing Management and other Otsuka Management. He/she will also assist with ongoing outsourcing strategy review and development as appropriate for this position. Additional responsibilities include developing and managing interpersonal relationships to influence decision makers both within and outside of OPDC. The position will have some responsibility for monitoring cost effectiveness of implemented sourcing strategies and analyzing cost effectiveness. The position will report to the Senior Director of Clinical Outsourcing.
- Proactively coordinate flexible staffing contracting, tracking and reporting.
- Provide business analytics support for Clinical Outsourcing Staff.
- Establish and standardize Clinical Contracting practices/systems/tools to support OPDC clinical studies in order to meet company goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain a system for tracking progress and status of clinical contracts and maintain Outsourcing Savings tracking and reporting progress on a monthly and ad hoc basis as requested by management.
- Assists with ongoing outsourcing analysis and supports the strategy review process.
- Provide analysis and data for OPDC Clinical Outsourcing in support of various Provider Partnership Committees including Operational and Program-Level Governances as needed.
- Focus on recognizing efficiencies identified through process improvements.
- Support tracking, collection and reporting of CRO / Vendor performance metrics.
- Oversee collection and archiving of compliance related vendor information and ensures vendor compliance to SOPs and Policies.
- Identifies implements and reports on Process Improvement opportunities in the contracting, negotiation and cost-savings practices that support outsourced activities in the organization..
- Provides cost benchmarking for clinical outsourcing activities using industry based tools or customized analysis.
- Assists as needed with contract execution and tracking in support of Clinical Outsourcing Contract Managers.
- Provides training and communications as needed to internal stakeholders and providers in support of contracting process improvements.
- Tracks and reports on negotiated savings achieved.
- 4 Year college degree with BA/BS in Life Science, Finance, Business Strategy, or related field
- Excellent analytical skills and communication skills
- Introductory proficiency in Contract, Finance, Legal and Business Acumen
- Ability to manage change successfully and identify process improvements
- Excellent computer skills and aptitude for learning new systems
- Ability to collect, organize, and analyze financial / operational data
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Negotiation skills/ strategies
Travel (approximately 20%)
- Basic budgetary understanding and capability; able to effectively manage expenses
- Advanced understanding of Outsourcing Principles/ Practices as applied to Drug Development and or other related fields
- Knowledge of clinical drug develop process
- Understanding of the clinical contracting processes and best practices
- Successful track record with metrics, project delivery, collaboration and relationship management desired.
About Otsuka Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc. (OAPI) is a successful, innovative, fast growing healthcare company that commercializes Otsuka-discovered and other product opportunities in North America, with a strong focus on and commitment to neuroscience, cardiovascular and oncologic therapeutic treatments. OAPI is dedicated to improving patients health and the quality of human life.
Monster - 19 months ago
- 1 day ago
- 4 days ago
Otsuka America is the holding company for the US operations of Japan's Otsuka Pharmaceutical. Otsuka America oversees pharmaceutical...