Full-time, permanent (probationary) position.
Under general supervision of the Director, this position is responsible for providing administrative systems programming and analysis operations support for Oracle eBusiness Suite financials and procurement applications as well as invoice imaging systems. Analyze administrative systems user and data needs and issues. Determine and evaluate solution approaches. Responsible to research, and possibly architect, eBusiness Suite solutions (product enhancements and process improvements) using the best enabling Oracle technologies. Aligning these solutions with business requirements to ensure integrity and accountability as well as sound performance and usability, the incumbent will design, build, implement and maintain solutions to meet use requirements. This position requires a strong and sound working knowledge of financial principles, particularly in accounting, and provides on-going technical and analytical support directly to operational users, so excellent working relationships and communication skills with management, staff, and vendors is a requirement of this position.
Salary Range: $4,314 - $8,831 per month (Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $4,314 - $6,667 per month). The competitive salary is determined by the education, experience, and qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department's fiscal resources.
- Under the framework of technical support for Oracle E-Business Suite financial and procurement modules, performs necessary research, analysis, and evaluation to define project scope and feasibility.
- Consults with users to identify system requirements including accounting and procurement critical functions and features.
- Consults with users to isolate and identify administrative system deficiencies or defects.
- Determines impact on existing software/systems and identifies interface requirements.
- Defines alternative approaches and recommends plans for user and management approval.
- Selects technology tools and platform(s) for development work and installation.
- Develops functional and technical specifications.
- Determines all system functions needed to support requirements.
- Documents processes, process flows, inputs and outputs from functions.
- Documents all application critical calculations.
- Designs user interface (presentation and use of data).
- Validates specifications to the requirements.
- Estimates resource requirements.
- Develops detailed project plans, task sequencing, and the extent to which tasks may be performed concurrently.
- Develops timely schedules, establishes time frames, and estimates task due dates.
- Logs and works service requests with appropriate support vendors to remedy code bugs and deficiencies.
- Maintains and modifies assigned applications/systems to ensure minimal loss of productivity and service.
- Designs new reports, interfaces, components, and extensions based on design specifications utilizing standard procedures and techniques.
- Prepares charts, tables, and logic diagrams needed in program analysis.
- Develops complete descriptions of all specifications required.
- Devises data verification methods and standard systems procedures.
- Advises appropriate personnel on the implications of new or revised reports, interfaces, components, and extensions.
- Delivers assigned aspects of user consulting, systems analysis, general and detail systems design, documentation development, and end user training.
- Learns user accounting and procurement processes and functions, organization, and role in the organization to the extent required.
- Fulfills departmental and project requirements in provision of assigned work plan status reports.
- Fulfills departmental requirements in terms of providing work coverage and administrative notification during personnel illness, vacation, and training/education.
- Plans independently the full range of programming actions needed to achieve desired end results on assigned work.
- Participates in the assessment of vendor product evaluations and selection as assigned.
- Provides technical support to functional teams as assigned and/or requested.
- Provides on-going analysis and support of issues identified and raised by functional teams in support of the financial applications and imaging with workflow solution(s).
- Analysis may include running diagnostics of the issue and then researching on myOracleSupport for a suggested resolution (usually patching) or else raising a service request with Oracle for additional assistance.
- Patches may be recommended as a result of the SR, and the patches must be unit tested and then acceptance tested.
- Unit testing is a requirement of the analyst/programmer; full acceptance testing is expected from the functional teams.
- Support may also be in the form of running queries on data for analysis by functional teams.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The ideal candidate must possess:
- Extensive knowledge of supporting Oracle eBusiness Suite running on an Oracle database and tools operating in a Unix environment, including programming in PL/SQL, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, Oracle APEX, Oracle XML Publisher, Oracle jDeveloper, SQL Loader, Unix scripting, and sFTP.
- Other required technical skills: SQL, JAVA, Oracle jDeveloper, Oracle Reports, Oracle Workflow Builder, PL/SQL, Personalizations, OAF customizations, AME/Business Events, and XML Publisher.
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science or business, or equivalent training and applied experience. Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for required education on a year for year basis, for a maximum of two years of college.
- Demonstrated skills working in an Oracle eBusiness Suite environment with Unix/Linux platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation as well as ongoing support and maintenance of Oracle eBusiness Suite ERP financial and procurement applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering with five (5)+ years of experience with Oracle eBusiness Suite applications (eBS), or Master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering with three (3)+ years of experience with Oracle eBS.
- Deep knowledge, expertise, and experience of the Oracle eBS architecture - both functional and technical - is desired.
- Strong business process design skills along with systems implementation and production support experience, including a) analytical and problem solving skills; b) development and testing methodologies, is desired.
- Experience in programming support of Oracle eBusiness Suite applications at release 12 code level is a plus.
- Experience in implementing and supporting document imaging.
- Experience in using change management software.
- Technical writing and presentation skills.
Review of applications will begin on Friday, October 11, 2013; position will remain open until filled. The on-line application should be completed in detail. COMPLETION OF THE ONLINE APPLICATION IS REQUIRED FOR CONSIDERATION, A RESUME ALONE WILL NOT SUFFICE.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the Employment Opportunities Website .
Applicants with disabilities requiring special attention and/or interview arrangements may call (619) 594-7099.
SDSU employees are required to sign an Oath of Allegiance.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be funded by a qualifying federal contract, requiring new hire employment verification to be processed through the E-Verify program administered by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (DHSUSCIS), in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA).
This position may be a "designated position" under the Conflict of Interest Code. Candidates accepting a "designated" position will be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Employees who are required to operate motorized vehicles and/or use their personal vehicle more than once a month on University business are required to take a mandatory Defensive Driving course and enroll in the DMV Employee Pull Notice (EPN) Program.
This position may require a background check, including, but not limited to employment verification and evidence of degree(s) and/or certification(s). The selected candidate will be required to submit fingerprints to the LiveScan Print Services. If required for the position, a background check must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with SDSU.
Equal Employment Opportunity
SDSU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.