General Purpose: Seeking a full time analyst/senior analyst as a team member in the business and intangible assets valuation group for closely held and publicly traded companies. Analysts/senior analysts will work on a variety of assignments in numerous industries.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Analysts/Associates are responsible for developing financial models, performing economic and industry research, and creating presentations and reports that are submitted to our clients. Our services are utilized for many purposes including:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Financial, tax, and regulatory requirements
- Purchase price allocation and goodwill impairment studies
- Employee stock ownership plans
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Fairness and solvency opinions
- Estate and gift taxation
- Intellectual property disputes
- Shareholder disputes
- Property taxation
- Feasibility studies
- Financing purposes
Education and/or Training:
- Intermediate/advanced understanding of financial theory and general accounting issues
- Basic/intermediate understanding of pertinent financial reporting guidance related to purchase accounting and goodwill impairment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills (primarily Excel and Word)
- Relationship-focused (with clients, peers, management, etc.)
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Excels in a team-oriented work environment
- Shows creativity in problem solving
- Accountability and ability to multi-task
- Professional presence
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
- 4-year degree necessary, with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting
- Analyst: 1+ years of experience in finance or accounting-related field required
- Associate: M inimum 3 years of business valuation experience required .
**An Equal Opportunity Employer**
Stout Risius Ross is committed to a policy of assuring that all applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned on the basis of qualifications and merit without discrimination based on any protected classification, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, age, disability, handicap, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Stout Risius Ross - 12 months ago