New York City-based Borderfree is the recognized market leader in international ecommerce, operating a technology and services platform that the world’s most iconic brands rely on to expand globally and transact with customers in 103 countries and territories and more than 60 currencies worldwide. Borderfree manages all aspects of international online retailing including: localized pricing and payment processing, landed cost calculation, customs clearance and brokerage, fraud management, logistics orchestration, and customer-experience parity. For more information, visit www.borderfree.com.
The Analyst/Associate Consumer Ventures is a new addition to FiftyOne’s Consumer team, and will be responsible for supporting a wide range of business & strategic initiatives through the preparation of high caliber market, financial and operational research and analysis. The work is fast paced and demanding – but extremely interesting and gratifying; we have multiple new products and initiatives launching in 2013.
We are looking for candidates who have spent 2+ years in investment banking or consulting, and who are ready to apply and expand their skills in an operational setting. This individual will report to the Director, Consumer Ventures and will work closely with the SVP, Consumer.
- Drive the investigation, development and enhancement of new Consumer business initiatives – including competitive research and partner analysis
- Build financial and operating models to evaluate business performance and new opportunities
- Conduct customer, country, behavioral and other segmented data analysis related to Consumer business initiatives
- Create and deliver effective presentations and business communications for internal and external constituents
- Assist with creating and refining operational procedures needed to create, improve, expand and support new and existing service and product competencies
- Problem-solver with a high aptitude for numbers; must be able to frame complex problems, apply creative analysis, and formulate sensible solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment – and handle the uncertainty which comes with working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Strong sense of accountability, ownership and urgency while working independently
- Ability to distill the relevant insights from large amounts of information
- Expert written and oral communicator with maturity and poise beyond your years
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
- 2-4 years of experience at a leading Investment Bank or Consulting firm
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Interested in learning the ins and outs of international ecommerce, B2B and B2C services, platforms, players and strategies
- Foreign language skills highly valued
FiftyOne - 16 months ago