Analyst/Communications Specialist (Fredericksburg, Va)
Job Announcement No.:
Applications received through: December 27, 2012
Marstel-Day, LLC, an environmental consulting and planning firm, seeks a qualified individual possessing a strong commitment to a conservation ethic, a strong desire to identify and support strategies for natural resource conservation, a commitment to use green best management practices in the performance of their work, and a determination to provide excellent support to meeting client requirements. The Analyst/Communications Specialist incumbent will focus on development of communications strategies and engagement plans in support of guiding clients in effective stakeholder relationship building, collaboration, and partnering.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
THE PRIMARY JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- A minimum of 4 years of communications experience, preferably working for or with the Department of Defense or the military services, preferably the Marine Corps, Navy or Air Force. Prior experience or working knowledge of current and emerging issues related to military operations is a plus.
- The ability and commitment to work collaboratively with all groups, including staff, management, clients, project participants, supporters and other stakeholders.
- The Ability to articulate and communicate complex issues to a variety of audiences.
- Refined presentation and analytical skills, plus demonstrable ability handling a variety of assignments simultaneously.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability in developing and implementing strategic communications, outreach and engagement activities with diverse communities and stakeholders.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning, preferably in one of the fields of public/community relations, journalism, public affairs, communications, broadcast, environmental science, land-use planning or other similar or associated disciplines (a Master's Degree in public policy, communications, business administration or other related field is a plus).
- Intellectual curiosity paired with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook). Proficiency in graphics software such as Photoshop and In Design or multi-media, web and/or video software is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision and possess organizational, presentation and client-service skills.
THE INCUMBENT MUST:
- Development, implementation and evaluation of communications plans at both the strategic and tactical levels;
- Putting communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities;
- Mentoring and leading a team responsible for developing communication plans;
- Defining methods to track and measure performance on communications and engagement planning;
- Assisting in the development of comprehensive outreach strategies for ongoing and future projects;
- Application of a wide range of communication techniques such as surveys, interviews, interactive meetings and websites as well as other social media, e.g. blogs and podcasts;
- Building detailed implementation plans that describe the appropriate communication methods and techniques for specific stakeholders;
- Developing clear message statements relevant to on-going projects as well as preparing the most effective dissemination of the message statements;
- Reviewing, editing and/or writing communication materials;
- Available as referral person for questions on company communications materials and products;
- Planning, designing, and delivering various types of media products including information tri-folds and posters targeting specific stakeholder groups or interests;
- Preparing meeting agendas and minutes for internal meetings and meetings with stakeholders as required; and,
- Collaborating and assisting in the drafting and editing of work products such as executive level briefings, studies, reports, press releases, campaign plans, policy directives, videos, announcements, public meeting materials and stakeholder briefings, etc.
DUTY STATION AND RESIDENCY
- Be eligible to work in the United States (a DHS Form I-9 must be completed by the selected candidate and will be submitted to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security for verification of eligibility to work through E-Verify)
- Must have previously approved or be capable of being approved for government access clearance, including a Common Access Card (CAC) as required, and will be required to submit to a criminal background check as a condition of any final offer of employment. Depending on the exact nature of the work the position may entail, the applicant may also be required to submit to a credit and financial background check. This required contingency and evaluation continues even after hiring.
- Additional factors to be considered:
- A willingness to locate to a residence that makes working in the company's Fredericksburg office feasible.
- Existing residence within, or willingness to relocate to a federally designated HUBZone census tract (go to for more information on this requirement).
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- The incumbent's primary duty station will be in the Company's Fredericksburg, Virginia office.
- Residence within, or willingness to relocate to, a federally designated HUBZone census tract within reasonable commuting distance of the Fredericksburg office is a plus (go to www.sba.gov/hubzone for more information on this requirement). A relocation reimbursement may be considered.
- The incumbent must be eligible to work in the U.S. (DHS form I-9 must be completed by incumbent and submitted to DHS for verification through federal e-Verify system)
The company will pay a competitive salary commensurate with the incumbent's level of education and experience and overall qualification of between $45,000 and $60,000 per year; and will also provide access to a 401(k) plan, health, disability, and life insurance, paid leave, and other benefits.
Essential Functions Description
The incumbent will normally work in an indoor, climate controlled work station or office, occasionally be required to travel between various work stations and/or offices to coordinate work, may be required to attend public meetings and staff tours of the installation, and go on field trips in the surrounding area that can be in rough terrain and high temperatures, and may undertake airline travel to professional development or staff meetings off site. Incumbent will be required to frequently organize and coordinate schedules, analyze and interpret data, engage in fast-moving problem solving, communicate with the public, craft written communication, including use of e-mail and other electronic reproduction of words, graphs, and photos. Incumbent will be required to frequently use and be proficient with computers, telephones and mobile communication devices, copy machines and printers.
Please fill out the "Information on Applicants" form below and, using the provided browser buttons, attach a cover letter (your cover letter must identify one or more of the listed on-site locations you are making application for), your resume (or curriculum vitae), professional references, and a writing sample. Submittals that do not include all of the requested items will not be considered complete.
Marstel-Day, LLC - 12 months ago