The Desert Research Institute (DRI) is an environmental sciences research organization within the Nevada System of Higher Education. DRI is seeking multiple staff scientists to support the newly launched Applied Innovation Center for Advanced Analytics (AIC) by helping maintain and support a computing and visualization infrastructure that includes a graphics cluster, immersive virtual reality systems and advanced computing systems. The new AIC will partner with business within and outside Nevada to help translate scientific ideas into practical solutions using fee-based business model called contract innovation services. The AIC environment is similar to a technology start-up, requiring both teamwork and individual contributions on simultaneous projects. AIC will specialize in growth areas for technological innovation and economic impact: information technology, data science, and engineering for intelligent systems and operations.
Interested candidates will need to possess:
- Assist in the development of software solutions and tools
- Assist clients with programming and computing problems
- Become knowledgeable of different software applications and tools considered vital to the project
- Contribute to design, development, testing, maintenance, and support of developed software
- Work both as part of a team and on individual projects
- Manage multiple programming projects simultaneously
- Assist in systems administration and business development activities
- Prepare and conduct training and user education
- Learn new technologies considered important to the project
As we are hiring for multiple positions and at least one of these positions will require US citizenship due to project oversight duties and access to restricted sponsor data.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, science, mathematics, engineering, or information systems from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year full-time professional experience in programming
- Proven experience as an application programmer
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows systems programming (e.g., compiling, scripting, debugging, installing)
- Experience with the design, installation and configuration of Linux clusters
- Demonstrable excellence in C, C++ and/or high level object-oriented programming language
Visit our website at http://jobs.dri.edu for complete descriptions, required qualifications, and how to apply online. Review of applications will begin at the end of November continue until semi-finalists are selected.
DRI is an EEO/AA employer.
LatinosInHigherEd.Com - 9 months ago