General Purpose: An analyst/senior analyst within our Dispute Advisory & Forensic Services Group will be responsible for analyzing financial and economic damages in various types of civil litigation matters, including but not limited to, transactional/M&A disputes, commercial damages (i.e., breach of contract, theft of trade secrets), intellectual property disputes, valuation, labor and employment disputes and forensic investigations. This position is an opportunity to apply accounting, finance and economic principles to client assignments across a variety of industries, and to receive client exposure early in one’s career.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Review, organization, and analysis of case documentation, testimony, and court filings
- Performance of financial analysis and creation of damage models
- Performance of research functions
- Preparation of written reports and graphical exhibits
- Participation in marketing and thought leadership efforts
Education and/or Training:
- Ability to critically analyze financial statements, accounting records, tax returns, and other financial documents
- Understanding of financial documents used in day-to-day business operations and transactions
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and attention to detail
- Ability to critique alternative arguments/opinions
- Ability to conduct thorough and relevant research on companies, markets, industries and commercial dispute topics
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Ability to work with changing, client-imposed or court-imposed deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment
- 4-5 year undergraduate degree with a concentration or Masters in accounting. Additional course work or minor in finance, economics, MIS or computer programming a plus.
- Must have a minimum of 2 to 4 years of relevant professional experience in accounting disciplines.
- CPA designation required (or CPA - track). CFF and/or CFE preferred
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
**An Equal Opportunity Employer**
Stout Risius Ross is committed to a policy of assuring that all applicants for employment are recruited, hired and assigned on the basis of qualifications and merit without discrimination based on any protected classification, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, age, disability, handicap, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Stout Risius Ross - 22 months ago