Davis Vision is owned by HVHC Inc., which also owns the newest and most technologically advanced laboratories in the United States, hundreds of retail vision stores, and an international frame design company. Our integrated approach provides a greater understanding of the entire vision industry, allowing us to offer tremendous economies of scale and the best total value to our clients and members.
We have an immediate need for a qualified individual for the position of Data Reporting Analyst. The Analyst has overall responsibility for a variety of reporting tasks and associated analysis which can be quite detailed and complex. This position sources, compiles, interprets and reconciles key business financial, operational and statistical data, and generates a variety of value-added reports for senior-level executives, internal customers and external clients. This position will work with the Manager Client Reporting and adhere to overall business process, approach, and discipline of reporting and analysis within the unit.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Ensure the timely and accurate generation of all corporate internal/external reporting, consistency and standardization amongst the various types of reports and databases and manage the various reporting tools utilized by Davis Vision.
- Analyze, interpret and report financial and operational performance trends from various channels & departments, identifying areas performing outside of expected results.
- Develop efficiencies to increase the effectiveness of reporting and consolidate & maintain departmental reports used internally and externally.
- Participate in the development of a data warehouse and subsequent reporting enhancements, including the creation of new reporting templates and analytical reports.
- Maintain a reporting schedule and documentation of reporting procedures.
- Meet all time sensitive reporting dates.
- Perform ad hoc duties in accordance with business needs.
- Adhere to privacy and confidential and proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA).
- Participate in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements as specified within your departmental goals. This is in addition to, the completion of any activities necessary for the maintenance of professional affiliations or organizational requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in defining, developing, and testing reports using MS Access, MS Excel, SQL, Adobe Acrobat, Business Objects, Crystal Reports or similar query language is preferred.
- 2+ years progressive business operations experience, preferably in managed care or retail optical
- Prior experience with government programs preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively with Associates of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Exhibit sound and accurate judgment and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines, attention to detail and the flexibility to think of alternative solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with associates at all levels of the organization as well as with outside customers and vendors
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Fierce commitment to provide exemplary customer service in a value add, cost-effe ctive manner.