Invesco has earned the trust of investors around the world. With fully integrated investment capabilities that span traditional and alternative asset classes, Invesco is one of the world’s leading names in investment management for institutions and individuals worldwide. Access investment solutions available in the U.S., Canada, Continental Europe or Asia Pacific marketplaces.
Job Purpose (Job Summary)
Responsible for credit analysis of the financial condition and legal structure of current and potential holdings. Accomplished by examining relevant financial information and, jointly with the Cash Management Research Committee, approving new issuers and securities for purchase by the portfolio managers in order to conform with the defined objectives of the portfolios under management.
Key Responsibilities / Duties
- Performs fundamental analysis of the financial condition and legal structure of current and potential holdings.
- Works with portfolio managers to assess securities within investment objectives and fund restrictions for the Taxable, and at times for the Municipals, portfolios.
- Provides written investment recommendations for approval by the Research Committee and at times for the subsequent review by the Board of Trustees of the Invesco funds for inclusion on the various Approved Lists maintained by Research.
- Conducts ongoing and systematic financial review of all issuers and securities on the approved lists and prepares written watch or drop recommendations.
- Requires knowledge and skill in setting dollar amount, maturity, percentage, and exposure limits for fund holdings.
- Examines and monitors specific legislative, regulatory, economic, and fiscal developments relating to securities and issuers. Is also required to be knowledgeable of legal and regulatory situations in various states and municipalities in the USA.
- Monitors portfolio credits for noteworthy events that affect credit quality and rating changes on a daily basis.
- Maintains active knowledge of SEC regulations, 2a-7 rating requirements, rating agency requirements, portfolio investment objectives, and other regulations and rules where applicable.
- Communicates research information on current holdings to the portfolio managers, senior management, and the board of Trustees of the Invesco funds.
- Develops relationships with rating agency analysts to better understand their ratings process with the goal of better anticipating rating changes.
- Develops relationships with broker/dealer analytical and sales staff to keep abreast of market, credit quality, and other events impacting approved names.
- Develops relationships with financial professionals of companies within surveillance universe.
- Monitors the pricing of assigned credits in current portfolios in order to recognize and react to any potential distortions in pricing.
- Researches and studies industry information to build expertise in industry specialties and creates commentary from a top down perspective.
- Provides intra-company support in identification, evaluation, and monitoring of counterparty credit risk.
- Mentor junior analysts.
Work Experience / Knowledge
- A minimum of five years of experience in the financial services industry, specifically with emphasis on financial statement analysis, or an accounting or finance background, is required.
- Prior experience in portfolio management or credit analysis within the investment management industry, particularly within 2a-7 money market fund environment, is preferred.
- Knowledge of the principles and procedures of investment management analysis, statistics, and state and federal regulations
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required
- Communication, written and interpersonal
- Teamwork essential
- Maintains client and fiduciary focus
- Demonstrate skills in applying quantitative, statistical, accounting and financial principles.
- Ability to interpret various market data and apply investment fundamentals for the appropriate analysis of funds.
- Ability to make quick decisions, establish priorities, and concentrate on detailed information, sometimes under stressful conditions, for up to 70% of the work time.
- Exhibit appropriate software knowledge in windows-based applications, with expertise in Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with preference for a Master’s Degree, in Business, Finance, or a related field.
- CFA, or demonstrated progress towards CFA.
Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, and temperatures. Required to push, pull, lift, or otherwise move weight up to 10 pounds. Required to sit for up to 60% of the work day; Works hours are consistent with the hours of various financial markets, especially the short term securities markets, which have early start times each day - typically at 7:00a.m. Central Time. Also, the position will require working additional hours upon occasion and as needed to attend evening business events, other functions, and multiple day travel.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
As one of the largest independent global investment managers, Invesco Ltd. is dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their...