The Analyst – Investor Relations reports to the Vice President– Investor Relations. This position is primarily responsible for 1) the tracking, analytics and reporting related to benchmarking Peabody’s performance versus a select set of industry peers; 2) tracking and identifying trends within Peabody’s shareholder base and versus peers as well as identifying top-50 targets twice annually; 3) summarizing and distributing key sell-side research reports as well as maintaining a database of sell-side financial estimates for comparison to Peabody’s internal assessment and external guidance; 4) monitoring industry and competitor data for updates and emerging trends; 5) Assist with quarterly earnings process; and 6) Other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Prepare annual benchmarking report for delivery to senior management and the board.
- Gather/track data on peers and Peabody.
- Enter and analyze data of peers versus Peabody.
- Identify emerging trends and findings.
- Track Peabody’s shareholder base; identify trends in buying/selling patterns.
- Compare changes in Peabody’s shareholder base with activity in the shareholder base of peers to determine any issues.
- Twice annually identify top-50 targets, including those at risk to sell versus those with an opportunity to buy within the context of ‘fit’ with Peabody’s business and industry model.
- Utilize knowledge of shareholder base to assist with the prioritization of investors for meetings at conference and on nondeal road shows, as well as access to management.
Industry and Competitor Data:
- Maintain summary of sell-side financial models versus Peabody’s internal forecast and external guidance.
- Identify opportunities to enhance guidance practices and/or gaps in the sell-side’s comprehension of Peabody’s earnings structure based on findings from the model.
- Track and report on changes to the sell-side consensus versus select peer guidance and reported results.
- Research and distribute key sell-side reports pertaining to Peabody, its peers, and the coal industry on a timely basis.
- Monitor key industry agencies for new reports.
- Analyze and report on updates to industry projections and research reports.
- Collaborate with other Peabody departments regarding Peabody’s position versus assumptions embedded in agency reports.
- Maintain master summary of presentation materials highlighting positive industry trends and elements supporting Peabody’s market thesis.
- Assist with schedule preparation.
- Prepare materials for management
- Must demonstrate superior analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong ability to work at both the detailed analytical level and summary level on projects and assignments with speed and accuracy.
- A high energy level coupled with attention to detail.
- Good general management, organization and communications skills. Ability to prioritize various projects, modification requests, etc. which may be in progress simultaneously.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to present self clearly and articulately to all levels of management.
- The candidate should have initiative and confidence while maintaining a responsive style, which is supportive of staff and management.
- Complete special projects and non-routine assignments as may be required by management.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Minimum four-year degree from accredited college or university in accounting or finance.
- Two to four years work experience in accounting, finance or related fields.
- CPA/MBA helpful but not required.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access).
- Bloomberg experience helpful but not required.
In a time in which people still get most of their power from coal-fired plants, Peabody Energy is king. The world's largest...