We are searching for an Analyst to assist in our Asset Management Division. General duties of this position will include providing support in analyzing operations and performance of a regional multifamily portfolio of properties, along with coordination of acquisitions and dispositions efforts.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Carmel Partners is a premier, national full-service real estate Investment Company specializing in U.S. multifamily real estate. The Company primarily focuses on acquisition, development, renovation, acquiring debt positions and management with the goal of forging value-adding relationships with its customers.
The Company believes that its strong vertically integrated structure provides it with superior market knowledge, increased credibility and an enhanced reputation for transaction execution, resulting in significant competitive advantages within the industry.
For more information on Carmel Partners please visit: www.carmelpartners.com.
Primary Duties Responsibilities:
• The Analyst will be supporting a Director on a portfolio of properties which includes stabilized communities, student, new development, and properties in the process of repositioning.
• Conduct analysis of existing properties, markets and portfolio trends and conduct research to obtain strong local market knowledge of competitor product, positioning, location, and supply and demand. Identify trends and opportunities in the competitive market.
• Prepare a variety of analyses, statements and reports for management to review, including but not limited to Market Surveys, Weekly Development Reports, Capital Business Plans, and ad hoc reports.
• Support general department activities, including portfolio and property-level research projects, pricing calls, reviewing variance between budgets and actual expenditures, utility expense analysis, and ancillary income contracts and payment schedules.
• Provide support for annual budgeting and quarterly reforecasting processes.
• Participate in special projects as well as company and department-wide initiatives that may include analysis, underwriting, creating photocomp books, utility reviews, constructing IC packages, and due diligence inspections of properties for acquisition or disposition, portfolio management, and support Director in the preparation and submission of investment materials for the Investment Committee.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent written, verbal and analytical skills. The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Working understanding of multifamily operations and property management strategies;
• Strong understanding of real estate underwriting, discounted cash flow analyses, return on investment principles and valuation processes;
• Experience with multifamily development and acquisition/rehab strategies and execution;
• Hands on approach with excellent attention to detail;
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and efficiently manage a multi-asset portfolio;
• Good organizational skills and the ability to work well independently as well as collaboratively with the Asset Management department as well as other internal departments;
• A passionate interest in learning and growing within the industry;
• Significant PC knowledge of Excel and Word applications.
The successful candidate will have 2 to 4 years professional experience in multi-family asset management. Candidates must have an undergraduate degree in Business or Finance.
We offer a competitive salary and bonus based upon experience and salary history. Benefits include health, dental, vision and 401k retirement plan with company match. To learn more about the company please visit our website at www.carmelpartners.net.
Local candidates are encouraged. Candidates authorized to work in the US as permanent residents please. Only qualified candidates will be responded to.
Carmel Partners - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard