Analysts are assigned to work in project teams with Research Managers and Client Managers to apply our solutions to the design of survey instruments for research projects. Analysts maintain data integrity, use a variety of analytic techniques to understand data and relay the implications of the results to the project team. T his position is responsible for ensuring that project deliverables address client objectives and accurately present findings in a clear, concise, and compelling manner. Analysts should be equally capable of analyzing both qualitative and quantitative results.
- Participate in study design meetings with project team and/or clients.
- Contribute ideas for research design and analytic approach to the client problem and write portions of proposals.
- Apply various Market Strategies methodologies to research projects.
- Demonstrate understanding of survey sampling concepts, their impact, and use.
- Draft questionnaires using Market Strategies’ preferred questionnaire writing processes.
- Use Market Strategies tools and/or technology to format survey and prepare for programming.
- Monitor the quality of the data and discard non qualified respondents (set and apply strike criteria).
- Perform phases of the data analysis plan using necessary tools with guidance from experienced Analyst team members.
- Analyze research results and create graphical displays to convey the implications of the data.
- Write reports that include effective graphs, tables, summaries, and narratives.
- Extract qualitative findings from transcripts or summaries of Focus Groups/IDIs.
- Must have a Bachelor degree in a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Must have 2 – 3 years experience in business, market analysis, or market research.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of basic statistics, research procedures, and survey methodology.
- Must have above average communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must show strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in data analysis packages (e.g. SPSS, SAS) required.