Meet Virgin America
Virgin America is a brand new airline dedicated to making flying good again. Virgin America incorporates the Virgin Brand’s world-renowned customer focus and distinctive style, to create a high-value, low-fare airline that’s reinventing domestic flying through award-winning service and innovative amenities.
Are you Virgin enough? Virgin America loves team members with the thirst and creativity to make this the most wowed airline in the sky. In return, we promise to make this a company where inspired people like you will always thrive.
Virgin America’s Revenue Management Team implements all pricing and revenue management functions.
Main Purpose of the Role
The position requires a hands-on approach and a cross-functional, technically-sound understanding of supply and demand. Additionally, the position requires creativity, inventiveness, and craftiness to create a unique experience for Virgin America customers and to keep us steps ahead of competitors.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Qualified candidates will possess the business acumen, technical competency, and leadership qualities to conceive, sell, and implement distinctive, innovative, and disciplined pricing in all Virgin America markets.
Professional Experience and Skills Preferred
- Review changes in competitive fares, rules, routings, and scheduled service levels in specified markets.
- Examine changes in market conditions such as competition, schedules, and fares to develop pricing strategy and optimize revenue.
- Analyze tactical and strategic pricing initiatives in order to increase specific metrics such as market share, yield, load factor and revenue.
- Review reports of historical performance, advance booking information and booking patterns; adjust pricing strategies accordingly in order to optimize revenue.
- Identify seasonal demand fluctuations and ensure the appropriate strategy is in place for each of the seasons
- Implement passenger fares, rules, and routings to ATPCO and CRS systems
- Monitor competitive internet sites for internet-only fares
- Maintain open communication and develop a good working relationship with counterparts in Scheduling/Planning, Sales, Marketing, Reservations, and the various Stations
- Perform ad-hoc projects and reports as required
- Assist in testing and implementing Virgin America’s systems for reservations, business intelligence, pricing, revenue management and groups
- Create Corporate ID’s for the Sales team and promo codes for Marketing
- Create and revise group price levels as applicable
- ATPCO, Airline Tariff Publishing Company
- Sabre AirPrice
- Experience managing pricing and/or yield management functions (or a very closely-related department) in an airline is preferred
- Hands-on experience with airline pricing and/or yield management tools, yield forecasting techniques, and general airline economic data
- Creative problem-solver, ability to multi-task simultaneously
- Calculated risk taker, and assume responsibility for results in an extremely fast paced environment
- Knowledgeable with database querying tools, such as Excel and Access
- Highly motivated
- Must have outstanding verbal, written, and analytical skills
- Ability to handle confidential material
- An understanding of, and great interest in, Virgin’s entrepreneurial culture
Professional Certifications and Education Required
- Some travel if necessary.
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, economics, business or a related field is preferred but not required.
An offspring of Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Group, Virgin America took flight just as high fuel prices and a recession rocked the...