The City of Bloomington is seeking an individual to analyze and evaluate present and potential computer applications, proposed changes, and participate in the design and programming of approved upgrades and modifications for the Public Works Department.
Examples of Duties:
When Assigned to Utilities Division:
- Coordinate interdepartmental/interdivisional computer service projects in accordance with the needs of the Public Works Department/Division.
- Oversee and coordinate computer support activities within the assigned Division in the areas of: training, data integrity, networking, computer application development, software troubleshooting, and hardware maintenance and installation.
- Provide assistance to the Public Works Divisions by defining computer application needs, developing and deploying, computer automation applications and Integrating existing and future city-wide systems applications.
- Develop, implement, and maintain the Divisional Information Technology Plans (ITP).
- Research and provide justification for the purchase and implementation of computer equipment, applications, studies, etc., including soliciting quotations from vendors, suppliers, and application developers.
- Provide on-going support, maintenance, and update of the Geographical Information System (GIS).
- Assist in identifying technical issues, training needs, and possible solutions specific to assigned Division.
- Perform other duties as apparent or assigned.
When Assigned to Maintenance Division:
- Coordinate the overall computer application activities within the Division including Laboratory Information System (LIMS), Customer Information System (CIS), Data Acquisition Retrieval Tool (DART), Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) assistance, hydraulic modeling, etc. to ensure the Department/Division objectives are met.
When Assigned to Engineering Division:
- Coordinate the overall computer application activities within the Division, including Computer Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) for pavement management, fleet maintenance, fueling system, building automation and controls, facility maintenance operations, traffic maintenance operations, diseased tree program, Automated Vehicle Location (AVL), work request and work order management system to ensure Division/Section objectives are met.
- Coordinate the overall computer application activities within the Division, including AutoCAD, XP Stormwater Management Modeling (SWMM) hydraulic modeling, traffic and transportation software, and ISCO software to ensure the Department/Division objectives are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management of Information, Information Systems, or other computer-related equivalent degree OR two academic years of college coursework in Computer Science, Engineering, Management of Information, Information Systems, or other computer-related equivalent coursework and five years’ work experience in a technology-related position
- Three years’ work experience with business application software, including Microsoft
- Three years’ work experience with developing and/or supporting database applications
- Three years’ work experience in supporting and troubleshooting personal computer hardware and software
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with others
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with pavement management software
- Experience with AutoDesk design software
- Experience with Utility modeling software
- Experience with a Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Experience with Computer Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Experience with Building Automation Systems
- Experience with business process improvements
- Experience with technology plan development
- Experience with hardware and software procurement
- Experience with data integration and utilization
- Work experience in a Public Works department
- Supervisory or leadership experience
May direct the work of Computer Specialist(s)
Anticipated Starting Salary Range: $65,000 - $75,000/Annually
2013 Salary Range: $62,829 - $89,555/Annually
City of Bloomington, MN - 20 months ago