About the position:|
This role provides analytical expertise and support to Regulation & Pricing by contributing to the development of tariff, compliance and regulatory data analysis and studies that support regulatory proceedings, monitoring regulatory trends and communications to key interfaces and stakeholders.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Perform internal and external research on state/federal regulatory policies and filings in order to ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
- Independently collate and analyze regulatory data using pre-determined tools, methods and formats in order to support the development of US regulatory strategy.
- Execute instructions and requests, plan and organize resources and make appropriate arrangements to ensure that regulatory analysis is carried out efficiently and in line with relevant policies and processes.
- Monitor and review financial information, updating where necessary in order to identify any anomalies or discrepancies and ensure management has access to up to date and accurate information to support the accounting and pricing functions develop rates related to rate cases.
- Collate information and perform regular analyses at e.g. monitoring compliance statistics etc. in order to ensure more senior team members have accurate and up to date information as required.
- Act as the first point of contact for field and customer interface personnel regarding the interpretation of regulatory and tariff policies in order to provide support and to ensure policies are applied consistently.
- Build upon technical/professional skills within all areas of Regulation and Pricing in order to continually grow your personal contribution to the business.
- Develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to obtain and share information that will benefit National Grid.
- Develop and implement studies to support regulatory, tariff and pricing proposals in the context of general rate cases and comprehensive rate plan filings, tariff changes, and other regulatory proceedings to ensure National Grid can implement policies effectively and consistently.
- Proactively research, produce, monitor and analyze regulatory costs, policies or other information to enable analysis of key regulatory themes and trends and to support enquiries.
- Promote and implement procedural best practice in order to ensure all working practice (and where relevant, health and safety standards) are compliant with National Grid policies and regulatory requirements.
- Manage the day to day relationship with field and customer interface employees in order to provide guidance on the implementation of tariffs and pricing, deliver appropriate, customized responses to enquiries and advice, and build cross-functional working in line with National Grid policies and processes.
- Prepare, maintain and submit regulatory information such as compliance filing information and regulatory reports in order to ensure regulators and other stakeholders are kept up to date with relevant National Grid policies, processes and programs.
- Keep up to date with regulatory developments and identify regulatory precedents in order to ensure the optimization of best practice for National Grid.
- Develop and maintain tariff and pricing analytical systems, models and procedures in order to support design solutions and enhance time/consistency/safety/efficiency and operability.
- Provide technical guidance to other analysts when required to ensure accuracy and timeliness of regulatory information.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders in order to share best practice provide technical advice and build bases of influence.
- Challenge existing ways of working and continuously seek ways to do things better in order to drive greater efficiencies within assigned area.
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
- B achelor's degree in accounting, economics, finance, engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of related experience preferred.
- Proficient in relevant software e.g. Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) with knowledge of data management.
- Strong analytical skills; must be able to provide timely and accurate interpretation of analyses.
- Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively, both orally and in writing, and must be able to present information in a clear and concise manner to large groups, senior management; internal customers and external contacts.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks and determine priorities in a team environment.
- Demonstrates willingness to research inquiries and follow-up to ensure completion.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to grasp complex issues and effectively integrate, compile and analyze information and data.
- Able to positively influence others and gain their cooperation. Able to advocate National Grid interests.
National Grid values and celebrates a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusiveness that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.