Our views matter. So will yours.
Further information about "working at Moody's" is available at our Careers Page at www.moodys.com
JD required with at least 3-4 years of law practice experience in structured finance practice. Strong analytical orientation. Excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills a must. Ability to work under time pressure a critical factor while balancing multiple priorities.
- summarizing representations and warranties and enforcement mechanisms available to investors in asset back deals and comparing it to benchmarks
- Periodically revising benchmarks to incorporate standard representations and warranties
- Working closely with other teams at Moody's to incorporate the reports in other published research
- Working closely with credit analysts in EMEA, Asia and Americas in sourcing documents for reports
- As needed, assisting credit analysts in their ratings work with other legal issues, subject to office's primary task of publishing representations and warranties reports
Key Skills / Non Technical
Individual will be representations and warranties specialist in US, providing backup support globally, and will be based in New York. Will work closely with offices outside of US, frequently under considerable time pressure in meeting deadlines for representation and warranties reports on new bond issuance, with primary focus on structured finance. Must be capable of accurately summarizing complex structures.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highest ethical standards
- Professional, pro-active, flexible, diligent and dependable
- Ability to adapt to changing market conditions and business environment
- Being able to work autonomously
- Strong sense of urgency, and a pro-active "can do" approach
- Ability to work on own initiative, without the need for close supervision
- Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
- Sound judgment capable of developing independent opinion and defending own views
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer.