Working within a growing and progressive benefits team, this position supports the day-to-day
operational administration of CHP’s defined benefit retirement plans; and may, as needed,
assist with CHP’s defined contribution plans. Other duties include assistance with plan
compliance activities, third-party providers who administer the plans, and other related projects
The position requires a strong foundational knowledge of defined benefit plans, and ideally,
defined contribution plans. This includes plan design, legal requirements, administrative
practices, and other activities common to the oversight of retirement plans. The associate must
quickly develop a thorough knowledge of CHP’s defined benefit plans, related system
parameters, and general administrative processes. All job duties must be carried out in
compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
In the first 12 months, the position will support the Benefits Shared Services Team in
successfully completing the retirement plans’ transition by performing key analytical and data
It is expected that all of the duties and responsibilities of this position will be performed in a manner that reflects the values of Catholic Health Partners, which are: Excellence, Human Dignity, Justice, Mercy, Sacredness of Life and Service.
• Serve as day-to-day contact with all regional and Home Office staff responsible for DB-related information
• Support the implementation of various transition projects as part of the retirement plan changes scheduled for 2012 - 2015
• Assist in continuous auditing and correction of data elements necessary for smooth administration of the DB plans
• Assist with plan information and guidance as outlined in the various plan documents to both regional and home office staff; and to associates when required
• Assist with compliance audits, the annual plan valuation, completion of form 5500 and other required documents
• Monitor and troubleshoot issues that may arise in administration of the retirement plans
• Research historical plan data and plan provisions when needed
• Create and perform various queries and reports using third-party provider tools and internal
• HRIS system tools for the daily administration of the plans and for special requests
• Coordinate and/or participate in calls with regional staff, Home Office and provider when necessary to resolve issues, exchange/clarify information, and/or implement changes.
• Support the Manager, Pension Administration and the Corporate Director, Retirement Services
• Manage invoice records for all defined benefit-related costs in support of the Corporate Director, Retirement Services
• Provide project management support to the Benefits Shared Services group for regional and senior management requests.
Catholic Health Partners - 15 months ago