Scope of Work - Main duties, settings, geography, reporting relationships, other relationships:
Provides support for the Vegetation Management Department by tracking all facets of vegetation management work., primarily by providing analytical support for invoicing, production data, mapping data, purchase orders, and customer contact data bases.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of work - range of responsibilities):
1. Provides data management support for the Vegetation Management Department: processes weekly contractor time sheets, creates and sends files to accounts payable, weekly communicates with IUSA staff and vendors to make necessary time sheet corrections. Also tracks all facets of vegetation management work and create reports as requested. Provides analytical support to field operations.
2. Assists with detailed bid analysis, creates and tracks annual purchase orders.
3. Generates monthly score cards containing key metrics. Collects information and files monthly accruals and balances internal tracking spend with corporate SAP accounting figures.
4. Collect information from customers and forwards to arborists/foresters. Provides support during power restoration efforts.
5. Support and maintain customized software programs by working with vendors and internal resources. Validates pole and ROW information as uploaded into the mapping system. Updates field unit inventory. Backs up other team analysts as necessary. Perform other duties as requested.
Requirements JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics or related discipline OR an Associate’s Degree in Business, Computer Technology or in a related field with a minimum of 3 years of related experience required.
- High degree of technical knowledge related to the utility arboriculture record keeping, including use of Microsoft office and customized software.
- Working knowledge of circuits, construction standards and protective devices as they relate to vegetation management will be helpful.
- Experience in utility arboriculture or related fields helpful.