The City of San Jose invites applicants for the position of Analyst I/II in the Airport Finance and Administration Division's Contract Management team. This position is one of a team of contract staff that provide support and expertise in the development and administration of Airport contracts and contract amendments. This position, through the on-going maintenance of the Airport Accounts Receivable and Property Management Data Base, serves as a critical data source for timely, reliable and accurate vendor and tenant contract information. The incumbent will support the development, management and administration of contract RFP/RFQ and bid processes, assist in the development of contract specifications, track contract processing, and develop procedures and training programs in contracting processing for project managers and contract administrators. This position will serve as a liaison for the flow of information between various stakeholders, including: City Purchasing and Finance Staff, Airport Facility and Maintenance Staff, Airport Property Management Staff, Airport Accounts Receivable Staff, the City Attorney's Office, the Office of Risk Management and the Office of Equality Assurance.
This position performs professional level administrative work. Some of the duties of the position may include:
- Developing and administering internal office processes and procedures to ensure accuracy, efficiency and timeliness of project completion
- Responding to inquiries and questions
- Gathering, organizing and evaluating data related to specific issues, programs or projects
- Creating and evaluating reports
- Developing and supporting RFP, RFI and RFQ Processes
- Monitoring and administering contracts
- Providing training and advise on Contract development, monitoring and administration best practices
- Interpreting and applying City of San Jose policies, rules and regulations
- Supervising adminstrative level staff
- Other administrative functions as assigned
Any combination of training and experience equivalent to:
1. Education: A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university.
2. Experience: Analyst I: None. Analyst II: Two years of increasingly responsible professional
staff analytic or administrative experience at the level of Analyst I with the City of San Jose.
3. Acceptable Substitutions: Experience as a Staff Technician or Staff Specialist with the City of
San Jose may be substituted for the education requirement on a year for year basis.
4. Employment Eligibility: Federal law requires all employees to provide verification of their
eligibility to work in this country. Please be informed that the City of San José will not prepare
or file a labor condition application with the Department of Labor. The Airport position
requires a background check and a TSA Security check. The candidate must be fingerprinted
and qualify under all applicable TSA and Airport regulations.
The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies, as demonstrated in past and current employment history. Desirable competencies for this position include:
- Job Expertise - demonstrates knowledge of and experience with applicable
professional/technical principles and practices, Citywide and departmental
procedures/policies and federal and state rules and regulations.
- Analytical Thinking - approaches a situation or problem by defining the problem or issue;
identifies a set of features, parameters, or considerations to take into account, collects and
analyzes data, uses logic and intuition to arrive at conclusions and recommendations.
- Communication Skills - communicates and listens effectively and responds in a timely,
effective, positive and respectful manner; written reports and correspondence are accurate,
complete, current; well-organized, legible, concise, neat, and in proper grammatical form.
- Customer Service - approaches problem-solving by focusing on customers first; advocates for
customer results point of view; demonstrates the ability to anticipate customers' needs and
deliver services effectively and efficiently in a timely, accurate, respectful and friendly manner.
- Problem Solving - approaches a situation or problem by defining the problem or issue;
determines the significance of problem(s); collects information; uses logic and intuition to
arrive at decisions or solutions to problems that achieve the desired outcome.
- Decision Making - identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; uses
effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions.
- Team Work & Interpersonal Skills - demonstrates a positive attitude and flexibility along with
the ability to develop effective relationships with coworkers and supervisors by helping others
accomplish tasks and using collaboration and conflict resolution skills.
- Computer Skills - experience with common business computer applications including but not
limited to: MS Outlook, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, and MS Excel.
The selection process will consist of an evaluation of the applicant's training and experience based on the application/resume information and answers to the job-specific questions. YOU MUST ANSWER ALL JOB-SPECIFIC QUESTIONS AND COMPLETE THE EDUCATION/WORK HISTORY SECTION OF THE APPLICATION IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS VACANCY OR YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE DEEMED INCOMPLETE AND WITHHELD FROM FURTHER CONSIDERATION.
Only those candidates whose backgrounds best match the position will advance to the interview phase of the selection process, which may include a writing and/or work sample exercise.
This recruitment may be used to fill multiple positions in this, or other divisions or departments. If you are interested in employment in this classification, you should apply to ensure you are considered for additional opportunities that may utilize the applicants from this recruitment.
You will be prompted to answer the following job-specific questions during the online application process:
1. Are you interested in working at San Jose International Airport? If yes, please discuss the factors that influenced your desire to work at the Airport, as well as, the position in contract management.
2. Do you have experience related to the contracting process and/or contract management? If yes, please include the types of agreements you worked with and your role in the development and administration of the contracts process.
3. Do you have experience in developing and educating others in procedures and policies? If yes, please describe the types of policies and procedures you have developed and/or modified and the approach you took to educate others about these procedures and policies.
4. Do you have experience in data base management or development? If yes, please describe your experience, including the type of data base you have worked with and your role in working with that data base.
If you have questions about the duties of this position, please contact Matt Shelton at (408) 392-3603 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employees in this classification are represented by Confidential Employee's Organization (CEO), AFSCME, Local No. 101.
If your online application was successfully submitted, you will receive an automatic confirmation email to the email address you provided. If you do not receive the confirmation, please email CityJobs@sanjoseca.gov and we will research the status of your application.