Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission .
What you'll Do:
- Support the Project Controls functions on large aerospace programs or lead Project Controls functions on smaller aerospace programs within the COS organization. Tasks are performed under the general direction of program managers and functional managers, plus mentoring of senior Project Controls staff.
- Generate financial reporting packages across several program portfolios.
- Support baseline development and maintenance, performance management and estimate at complete development and analysis.
- Implement, monitor, report and analyze program budget and/or schedule.
- Support earned value system including maintenance, reporting and analysis.
- Organize cost and/or schedule data for monthly/quarterly program reviews.
- Prepare and monitor funding plans and labor forecast plans.
- Compile and analyze Sales Forecast data and cost estimating data.
- Prepare ETC/EAC estimates from program staff input.
- Generate cost proposals in accordance with company processes, policies, and government regulations.
- Participates in presentations and group discussions at internal and external financial/schedule meetings.
What You'll Need:
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Requires strong knowledge and proven experience in utilizing business principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Earned Value Management experience is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Must be able to work in a team setting, coordinating group initiatives in order to bring a project to completion.
- Must have a positive attitude and willing to take initiative.
- Solid MS Excel skills, along with other MS Office Products.
- BS in a related field plus 2 or more year's experience.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher level degree, i.e. Master's degree may substitute for two years of experience. Related experience may be considered in lieu of education.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
AERO: Direct Program Charge:
Direct Program Charge: 95%