First Wind is an independent wind energy company exclusively focused on the development, financing, construction, ownership and operation of utility-scale wind energy projects in the United States. Based in Boston, First Wind has developed and currently operates wind energy projects in the Northeast, the West and Hawaii. First Wind is committed to the communities it works with to achieve the most efficient and economic wind generation projects in North America.
The Analyst, Strategic Planning & Project Finance will join a small Strategic Planning & Project Finance team with broad responsibilities and exposure to all aspects of a fast growing renewable energy company. The Analyst, Strategic Planning & Project Finance will own financial models and actively assist in raising billions in third party capital, structuring major project agreements, evaluating strategic opportunities, and making key investment decisions.
· Create and maintain financial models in connection with new capital investments, M&A, project development, and related third party corporate and project financings
· Analyze strategic and financial opportunities and present recommendations to senior management and shareholders
· Interface with current private equity investor group, current capital partners, commercial and investment banks, and prospective new investors to drive key business decisions, market and structure deals, facilitate due diligence, and assist in closing documentation and asset management
· Engage First Wind’s development team, engineering, legal, tax and accounting to identify project challenges and risks and formulate strategies and solutions
· Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in finance, accounting, economics or engineering
· 2-3 years minimum experience in financial/business analyst capacity
· 1-2 years minimum experience in financial modeling
· Extensive experience with financial modeling in Microsoft Excel
· Preferred: Functional experience in corporate finance, project finance, investment banking, or strategic planning
· Strong quantitative, analytical and communication skills
· Familiar with accounting and corporate finance principles
· Strong interest in the energy industry, particularly renewables
· Hunger to learn and grow with the company
· Spanish language skills are a plus
· Ability to work extended hours as required
· Comfortable in an environment of high growth with changing priorities, and competing demands for time
At First Wind, wind is the first and last item in its business model. The vertically integrated energy company (formerly UPC Wind) develops,...