As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Perform quality assurance reviews and lead process improvements activities on several news websites covering multiple regions of the globe.
Must be an English native speaker with strong knowledge and experience with international news developments.
Must have experience with journalism style guides such as The Economist and The AP Stylebook.
Must be an excellent communicator able to guide and coach journalists and editors to improve quality and excel standards
1. Reviews and evaluates news articles to ensure adherence to company and customer quality standards.
2. Participates in establishing quality standards for news development, journalism documentation, and editorial procedures.
3. Perform quality reviews, daily QA checks using several verification and validation techiniques and tools.
4. Documents and analyzes results, and makes recommendations to improve overall quality.
5. Participates in audits, reviews and assessments.
6. Assists with project planning activities.
7. Provide coaching and training to Journalists and Editors.
8. Guest edit to replace editors during peak times. Tasks may include managing readers comments, updating podcasts, copy editing, photo editing, tagging articles with keywords, and updating the websites.
9. Develop QA reports and present to senior management.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Communications, Journalism or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
5-10 years of related journalism experience
2-5 years of related quality assurance experience.
Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to participate on a culturally diverse team of writers, correspondents and editors.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT),...