PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Sigma-Aldrich is looking for a User Experience Designer to join our growing User Experience Team.
As a User Experience Designer you will:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborate with other UI designers to create engaging designs for www.sigmaaldrich.com using User Centered Design methodologies.
- Discover innovative and effective ways to engage our global customer base.
- Be an integral part of the Sigma-Aldrich strategic vision.
1. Develop clean, efficient and useful designs from concept to implementation.
2. Conceive and model user interface prototypes based on collected user requirements, test cases, and developmental objectives.
3. Identify, recommend, and prioritize new user interface features and applications in conjunction with user requirements and business needs.
4. Plan and implement usability tests throughout development lifecycle and analyze results for resolving UI-design issues.
5. Collaborate with business analysts, web designers, and software developers to collect and determine user requirements.
6. Present and conduct reviews of solutions with project teams, managers, stakeholders, and other involved parties.
7. Evangelize user interface guidelines and best practices to ensure consistent look & feel across the website.
Education: A degree in human-computer interaction, human factors or related field
Experience: 3-5+ years experience in designing, conducting and analyzing usability evaluations.
Essential and Critical Skills:
' In-depth knowledge of user centered design methods, UI prototyping tools, software design, Web development technologies, and protocols
' Proven experience in human-computer interaction and usability analysis
' Experience in gathering and analyzing business requirements
' Works well in a fast paced environment
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS:
Environmental conditions: Limited travel domestic and internationally
Physical requirements: None
About Sigma-Aldrich: Sigma-Aldrich is a leading Life Science and High Technology company whose biochemical, organic chemical products, kits and services are used in scientific research, including genomic and proteomic research, biotechnology, pharmaceutical development, the diagnosis of disease and as key components in pharmaceutical, diagnostics and high technology manufacturing. Sigma-Aldrich customers include more than 1.3 million scientists and technologists in life science companies, university and government institutions, hospitals and industry. The Company operates in 35 countries and has nearly 9,000 employees whose objective is to provide excellent service worldwide. Sigma-Aldrich is committed to accelerating customer success through innovation and leadership in Life Science and High Technology. For more information about Sigma-Aldrich, please visit its website at www.sigma-aldrich.com.
Sigma-Aldrich offers a highly motivational and rewarding working environment with attractive salary, benefits, retirement, relocation and incentive packages including tuition reimbursement. Sigma-Aldrich fosters the growth of employees in a culture of respect and dignity with ample opportunity for career advancement.
Sigma-Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sigma-Aldrich Corporation - 22 months ago
Check the shelves of any research (or mad) scientist and you'll likely find Sigma-Aldrich's chemical products. The company is a...