Execute design calculations on acoustics related to D-R products. Perform on-site acoustic test measurements and establish noise remediation requirements for clients as needed. Contribute technical expertise to continually improve the accuracy of acoustic analytical methods and criteria, and the resulting acoustic performance of D-R Products.
Position Qualifications (Required and Preferred):
- Minimum of a Masters Degree (MSME) Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of Acoustics and/or vibration experience is required
- Candidate should be self-motivated, well organized and able to prioritize work. Must be able to work independently or as a part of a team
- Excellent language skills, both written and verbal with the ability to clearly communicate at all levels of the organization and with clients
- Must have good interpersonal and presentation skills for use in working with customers, Sales, Test, Service and other Engineering personnel, as well as desire to establish/maintain credibility among both customers and those in the worldwide technical community
- Must be willing to learn and be cross-trained to support various product lines (turbines/compressors, design/analysis, and production/field test)
- Must be willing to travel 5% to client sites for troubleshooting field issues.
- Ph.D. Degree
- Familiar with FEA (Finite Element Analysis), BEA (Boundary Element Analysis), and SEA (Statistical Energy Analysis)
- Familiar with noise, vibration & dynamics data acquisition equipment & instrumentation, and digital signal processing techniques
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
Dresser-Rand is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Design and development of noise attenuation products; acoustic design, analysis and testing of D-R products, such as steam turbines, centrifugal gas compressors, gas turbines and vendor purchased machinery (motors, gears, etc).
- Help determine analysis methodology and criteria, enhance automated tool development, perform advanced acoustics analysis, guide 3rd party contractors, and participate in quality improvement and cost reduction efforts.
- Perform a wide variety of tasks associated with acoustics and aerodynamics design and analysis.
- Establish and maintain rules governing accept unit designs, the correction of deficiencies exhibited by existing designs, and use of technical expertise during customers interaction.
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Dresser-Rand employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Dresser-Rand Recruiting team in Houston Texas will become the property of Dresser-Rand and no search fees will be paid.
Large enough for global market leadership...Small enough that you can make a difference.
Talented professionals are at the core of our...