Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
The Anam Cara is the title for Caregiver of the Residents living within the Sanctuary. The foundation of the Sanctuary model is the relationship that exists between the Anam Cara and the Resident. The Anam Cara is more than a friend or caregiver but someone who accepts the responsibility to care for the body, mind, and spirit of those in the Sanctuary. The Anam Cara’s responsibility is to welcome all into the communities and provide a safe place of refuge and Sanctuary.
· Provides all activities of daily living to the Residents living within the Sanctuary, including, but not limited to bathing, dressing, toileting, transferring residents, grooming, meal services, clean up, welcoming residents when moving in and assisting when moving out of the Sanctuary, participate with rehabilitation and restorative needs, and conduct light housekeeping as needed including upkeep of Sanctuary and resident rooms.
· Drive a Resident centered activity calendar within the Sanctuary including life enrichment activities, social interaction, spiritual, and companionship. Ensures the Residents are included in social interactions, conversations, and decisions surrounding life within the Sanctuary. Ensure that each Sanctuary has appropriate equipment available for activities, promote fun, spontaneity, enjoyment and Resident interaction when doing events or activities.
· Provides regular and timely feedback with other members of the Sanctuary, the Residents within the Sanctuary and to the support staff within the community. Ensures medical, spiritual, and social concerns are communicated to appropriate support staff.
· Provides exceptional customer service and family support focusing on continued customer service within each Sanctuary for the Residents, other staff members, and the families of Residents. Listens to internal and external customers and assigns the highest priority to their satisfaction.
· Demonstrates solid work ethic understanding the importance of productive work within the Sanctuary. Works independently with minimum direction from a supervisor.
· Maintain certification and is able to demonstrate competency of clinical skills as well as overall knowledge of care plans, profiles, and work assignments. Ensures work is conducted accurately and within specified timeframes for completion. Reports all necessary information to ensure quality outcomes are achieved and maintained.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Must possess a current, unencumbered, active certification to practice as a Nursing Assistant in this state or certificate of completion of state approved nurse aide training program.
· Must have a minimum of one-year experience within a healthcare setting.
· Previous experience working in long-term care or with the geriatric population preferred.
· Must possess superior customer service skills and professionalism.
· Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to adapt to ongoing change and work in a fast-paced, customer-driven environment.
· Possesses interpersonal and relationship building skills to work in a cross-functional team as well as the ability to work with residents based on their cognitive ability.
· Self-starter, highly motivated with a high productivity level.
- 22 months ago - save job