Posting Job Title: Anchor – YNN Albany
Requisition #: 142767BR
Posting Location: Albany, NY, US
Area of Interest: Cable Television Production
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
This position is responsible for anchoring, field anchoring, reporting, writing, shooting and editing stories, breaking news or news programs as directed by the assignment desk, Executive Producers, News Director or Regional Director for News Operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivers live news reports for multiple markets in a poised, authoritative, credible and conversational manner.
- Writes news copy as assigned. Assists producers and EPs with copy/script editing. Produces news segments as directed by newsroom managers.
- Contributes ideas for news stories to enhance the overall quality of the news product. Reports, shoots, writes and edits assigned news stories.
- Maintain appropriate visibility in the community. Represent the Time Warner Cable News channel at community events or activities.
- Mentor less experienced staff members by editing news stories, story critiques and career counseling.
- Anchor will ad-lib during breaking news situations deciding what questions to ask.
- Will interview studio guests guiding the direction of the interview.
- Maintains a strong familiarity with local and national news and issues of the day reading newspapers and monitoring competition to the point that Anchor can ad-lib or generally speak to issues credibly during breaking news situations.
- Maintains a strong familiarity with all key local newsmakers and news figures in multiple markets.
- Develops a delivery style and presence which will attract and retain viewers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university. Requires Journalism, Communications or related degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years anchoring experience in a television news environment required.
- Excellent writing skills and interpersonal skills.
- Strong on-camera skills with the ability to read narration effectively and ability to work under time pressure deadlines.
- Strong computer skills and willingness to work different shifts
FCC Unit_TWC: NWNYC
Controlling Establishment ID: 00231 - Albany Watervliet
Time Warner Cable - 2 years ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...