MPI Research, with global headquarters in Mattawan, Michigan, provides discovery, safety evaluation, bioanalytical, and analytical services to the biopharmaceutical, medical device, animal health, and chemical industries. Scientific knowledge and experience, integrity, trust, teamwork, and dedication to strong and enduring Sponsor relationships are the defining attributes that characterize MPI Research as a high-performance, high-quality organization that is committed to bringing safer and more effective products to the world. Learn more about how we can exceed your expectations at www.mpiresearch.com.
This position is responsible for providing animals of varying species a clean living environment through daily
cleaning, bi-weekly caging changes, and periodic empty study room sanitizations. In addition, it will be
responsible for additional tasks as assigned, including verification of room sanitization, inspection of general work
areas, and scheduling of tasks in the absence of the Project Leader .
mobile pressure washers, chemical sprayers, chemical cleaning agents, or manual equipment (e.g. scrub brushes,
- Sanitize vacant animal rooms and applicable animal housing, performed using a combination of the following:
hoses, scrapers, etc.).
equipment needed for animal transfer.
- Handle animals of varying species during the transport to clean caging, including ordering the necessary
and correcting electronic data.
- Practice accurate data collection and review, including notifying the Study Director of unforseen circumstances
- Daily clean a variety of animal living environments ranging from small cages to large pens.
- Proactively, accurately, and equitably schedule daily departmental functions in the absence of the Project Leader.
- Assist the Project Leader in ongoing training and development of technical staff.
- Completes all assigned events in validated system, 100% of the time.
- Punctual and reliable attendance according to MPI Research company policy.
based on customer needs and priorities.
- HS / GED and one year relevant experience with ALAT certification; or
- HS / GED and 2 years relevant experience.
- Written and oral communication must routinely be clear and concise.
- Strict attention to detail; team- and customer-based performance; and the ability to change direction quickly,
extended shifts and/or extra shifts, sometimes on short notice.
- Independent thinking and the ability to problem-solve with minimal or no supervision, sometimes required.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Computer skills, commensurate with Essential Functions and including ability to learn a validated system.
- Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends,
Benefits at a Glance:
- Ability to work under specific time constraints.
- MPI Research provides the following competitive benefits:
- Three choices of medical coverage, including prescription drug and vision coverage
- Two choices of dental coverage
- Medical and dependent pre-tax flexible spending accounts
- Paid time off bank and holidays
- Retirement savings plan – 401K plan with company matching on employee contributions
- Short/Long term disability plans, voluntary life insurance, and company paid life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee assistance program
- Employees at MPI Research also are given the opportunity to participate in company-sponsored events, wellness programs, self-directed work teams and open communications programs such as the All Employee Survey.
MPI Research helps drug developers answer a crucial question: Is it safe? The contract research organization (CRO) specializes in providing...