Animal Lab Technician Long-term Contract 646.790.8355 As a member of the Veterinary Service Team this position will assist the Attending Veterinarian in Maintaining a comprehensive veterinary care and preventative medicine program for a variety of research species. Provide high quality clinical technical support in assisting in administering the health care ad preventative medicine program within the research facility to comply with all federal, state, and local regulations as well as AAALAC, International accreditation guidelines. Participate in technical services in partnership with research groups enabling the achievements of key research milestones at project level. Requirements/Responsibilities |
• Possesses a basic knowledge of the scientific principles and rationale underlying experiments. Familiar with federal, state and local regulations as well as AAALAC, International accreditation guidelines.
• Analyzes results of basic experiments, identifies technical problems, and works with supervisor to understand and implement solutions.
• Executes experiments to achieve defined objectives.
• Participates in technical training for the AFS and investigative staff.
• Communicates effectively with supervisor and coworkers. Presents their work in group meetings.
• May take responsibility for solving general laboratory issues. Education Bachelor's or Master's degree in a scientific discipline Experience Clinical experience; AALAS certification; Some training experience; Ability to handle and restraint various species. Knowledge and experience of clinical veterinary medicine; Good interpersonal, written, verbal and organizational skills, and be able to work in teams. Physical Requirements
• Ability to stand & walk around for extended periods of time.
• Ability to regularly lift/push, or pull up to 50 pounds.
• Employee must follow Personal Protective Equipment for Labs (attached) Other Regular work schedule is 40 hours per week; however, the incumbent may be required to work on weekends and holidays on a rotating basis. This position is over time eligible. CVT Cert is a major plus. Technical experience: Iv Dosing, Oral Dosing, PKDM Experience. Rodent Experience, mice/rats. Pharma experience is preferable.
There's no mystery behind how Black Box does business. The company distributes and supports voice and data networking infrastructure....