Anthropologie is looking for a Front End Web Developer to join their growing ecommerce business and team. This position is responsible for carrying out the technical design, development and deployment of client-side technologies, while ensuring that projects are completed to a high standard and on time. Your time will be split between hands-on development and liaising with the business, providing estimates for development and advising during requirements gathering. This position requires strong business facing communication skills as the role requires reporting and communication across various non-technical teams, departments and managers.
Founded in 1992, Anthropologie (www.anthropologie.com) operates more than 160 retail stores in North America and Europe, and ships to over 90 countries worldwide via our ecommerce channels.
We cater to fashionable, educated, and creative women between the ages of 28 to 45, who desire an inspirational shopping experience. To that end, we are committed to exceeding her expectations in unexpected, delightful ways. Our unique product assortment includes women's apparel and accessories, home furnishings and décor, gifts, beauty, and found objects. Our mission is to provide our customer with an unimagined experience.
- Deliver a leading customer experience using the latest web technologies
- Full project involvement from design through to testing and implementation
- General UI background (Information architecture, site flow, accessibility, browser capabilities, etc.)
- Full understanding of the development cycle from requirements gathering to project delivery
- A technical innovator - able to identify, understand and implement viable new technologies
- An appreciation for the broader Anthropologie brand strategy and how technology supports these objectives
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and emerging technologies within the industry
Optional (but would be a huge plus)
- Ideal candidate will have 2-4 years of business experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Expert level HTML, XHTML, CSS, AJAX
- Experience building AJAX driven interfaces using commonly used libraries
- Expert level in CVS or Subversion - branching
- Proficient in Java and Object Oriented programming
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks or similar
- Proficient in MS Office products (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook)
- Proficient in accessibility standards and requirements (WCAG/WAI)
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen innovator, technologically well informed.
- Good technical documentation skills
- E-commerce experience, preferably for a large internet retailer
- ATG platform experience
Urban Outfitters, Inc. is a lifestyle specialty retail company that operates under the Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People and...