Summary of Functions:
Performs highly skilled apartment repairs/make readies at various communities. Timely
work order service, quality make-ready program, and cost-effective inventory control of
the property. Responsible for maintaining the physical condition and appearance of the
site. Required to be on call 24 hours within a rotation every three to four weeks.
Hours of work: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Must be on call 24
hours per day, when scheduled, and available for overtime as needed for emergencies.
Any overtime during any pay period must be approved by the general manager or vice
president of property management.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Reports directly to the residential property manager at their home community,
who has the primary authority to determine the exact day to day duties of the
technician. This determination will take into consideration the technicians skills,
experience and career goals, and how they best fit into the operational needs of
the property. Works with other site managers, leasing personnel, other
maintenance staff, property managers, construction division, and maintenance
staff from other properties.
2. Diagnoses and performs major, minor and routine maintenance/repair in a timely
and professional manner. Assures all service requests are completed on a daily
basis. Accurately documents work performed on service requests, including parts
and return to residential property manager by end of day. Follows up on
completed and incomplete service requests to ensure satisfaction.
3. Promotes good public relations with residents, co-workers, and company staff
through great service-oriented attitude and resident trust. Always displays a
friendly and courteous attitude towards residents and other employees. Never
confronts supervisor or other employees in front of residents.
4. Inspects vacated apartments and completes make-ready checklist. Informs
residential property manager of needed services and repairs. Routinely performs
duties to restore apartments to make-ready status. Re-inspects vacant apartments
after make-ready checklist has been completed to determine quality of work
performed. Ensures adequate number of make-ready units are available and that
the products are up to company standards. Coordinates status of make-ready units
with leasing staff and residential property manager.
5. Completes special projects as may be assigned and prioritized by the residential
6. Inspects exterior of the property daily. Performs building and common area
upkeep on a daily basis in accordance with company standards. Assists in
keeping grounds neat and free of litter, pulling and spraying weeds, and
maintaining neat and orderly curb appeal.
7. Maintains an average of 100% of make-ready units are market-ready units on a
monthly basis. Ensures vacant units are trashed out within 24 hours of move
out, and all make readies are completed within seven business days.
8. Completes all preventative maintenance. Maintains accurate records and provides
resident training as required.
9. Orders parts and supplies and maintains inventory, utilizing inventory system.
Maintains shop appearance to standards to facilitate quick assessment of supply
inventory. Maintains proper equipment and equipment inventory to ensure
warranty compliance. Ensures best pricing and value on all supplies purchased.
10. Obtains bids and negotiates prices as necessary with vendors and contractors.
Coordinates delivery and work schedules with vendors, contractors and residential
11. Performs effective emergency maintenance (after hours) as required.
12. Coordinates maintenance objectives with the residential property manager daily.
13. Performs and reports on, all work according to the safety standards of the
company, OSHA and health codes. Performs work and cleanup on a weekly
14. Performs HVAC trouble calls and completes HVAC repairs and replacements as
may be needed on their own or another Hubbell Realty community, within the
guidelines and the codes and laws as may be applicable.
High school diploma or trade school diploma required.
General apartment maintenance experience including knowledge of appliance
repair, light carpentry, plumbing and electrical.
Knowledge of safety procedures; must be safety conscious, steady and
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Ability to work flex schedule to accommodate after hour and weekend
Experience with heating and air conditioning, plus experience in plumbing,
appliance repair, carpentry and general maintenance repairs.
Physical Requirements: Extensive mobility and excellent physical condition.
Ability to lift 100 lbs. necessary for installation and removal of appliances.
Ability to operate all necessary hand tools to make repairs. Ability to kneel,
crouch, climb, crawl, etc. to reach items in need of repairs. Ability to drive to and
from job sites. Tolerance to all extremes of hot and cold weather, as may be
Tools: Must provide own basic tools, or be willing to obtain the required hand
tools, pertinent to this position.
Must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the
1. Hand tools: Various wrenches, screwdrivers, sledge hammer, hammer,
snips, saws, plier basics, etc.
2. Power Tools: Wrenches, grinder, sander, drill, saws, etc.
3. User-moved Aids: Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists,
jacks, stepladders, full ladders, double ladders.
4. Mechanical Equipment: Motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electric
and hand-powered augers, etc.
5. Measuring Devices: Voltmeters, ohmmeters, testing meters, PH tests, etc.
Dress Code: Uniforms must be worn at all times. Five company provided logo
shirts short or long sleeved caps and a jacket. Jeans are permitted. No tshirts,
lycra, jogging suits, flip-flops, or tattered looking clothing are permitted at
any time. Sensible shoes are required. No sandals permitted. Good judgment is
Must have dependable vehicle to transport tools and equipment to job sites. Must
provide proof of liability insurance for same.
Must possess a valid driver's
license and be bondable
Hubbell Realty Company - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard