Job Description Involved in the analysis, design, development and implementation of software applications. Determines user requirements, leads application design, plans projects, establishes priorities and monitors progress. Evaluates project status and resource utilization and implements changes to improve the team's effectiveness. May coordinate with other managers to integrate project with other applications. Position may be a first-level manager and has direct responsibility for people management. Disciplines: Mainframe Platform, Mid-Range Platform, Windows Desktop Platform, Windows Server Platform, UNIX Client/Server Platform, Internet/Intranet (Web) Platform, E-commerce/EDI, Multi-Platform. Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, at least eight, typically ten or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT with a minimum of six years experience application program development, or the equivalent in education and work experience..
This role presents the opportunity to work closely with our business partners in CIGNA Pharmacy Management (CPM).
- Provides managerial direction for a team of developers and systems analysts working on multiple enterprise and LOB projects
- Responsible for identification, design, development, implementation and maintenance of client server systems, software, hardware and tools (.Net, SQL Server 2008 with SSRS/SSIS/SSAS)
- Provides comprehensive consultation to management regarding long and short-range business requirements, and recommends innovations which anticipate the future directions of both business and information technology
- Develops and monitors long-range information technology plans and policies consistent with the strategic objectives and plans of the business units
- Collaborates closely with internal pharmacy PMO, architecture, QA, and Delivery teams
- Responsible for resource forecasting and accountable for managing to the Core PBM budget
- Actively contributes to software development strategy and product roadmap specific to Pharmacy
- Manages, motivates and leads development team
- Manages multiple Agile development teams and their intersection with the enterprise release process.Requirements - Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline preferred, typically ten or more years of solid, diverse work experience in IT, or the equivalent in education and work experience
- Previous management experience required
- Strong planning and process management skills
- Experience building effective teams
- Comfortable negotiating and presenting to IT and business executives
- Ability to lead and coordinate across teams
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills across organizational levels
- Healthcare industry knowledge is preferable
- Qualified candidates will typically have a combination of successful IT work experience and leadership experience
- Developing Direct Reports & Others
- Hiring and Staffing
- Managing through Systems
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Professional Savvy.
CIGNA - 19 months ago
With a significant position in the US health insurance market, CIGNA covers some 11.5 million Americans with its various medical plans. The...