The Visual Merchandiser provides the Guest with an exceptional shopping experience through direct interaction, facilitating the selling process through pleasant greeting, engagement and closing of the sale as well as by creating solutions to meet the Customer's needs. The VM leads the Golf Softlines areas by assisting in the training of all Associates and executing the apparel and footwear business plans. The VM will also assist in the execution of all in-store visual merchandising.
- Ensure each guest receives exceptional service by providing a personal shopping experience which includes the meet, sell, close and reinforce steps by maintaining outstanding standards and all other components of the "S.E.L.L." program.
- Maintain an awareness of all golf and tennis product knowledge, terminology, merchandise, promotions, demo merchandise and sale advertisements so as to better serve our Customers, while also maintaining the flexibility to work in different departments as needed.
- Maintain the flow of product to the sales floor from the store receiving areas and assist with markdown and clearance management for all Softlines areas per company guidelines.
- Seeks and takes advantage of opportunities as it relates to product and service knowledge, job skills and training while remaining current and knowledgeable in regards to competitors, technology changes, and trends.
- Assist with the execution of all visual merchandising standards including but not limited to: signage, MEP programs and displays; adhere to all company programs and policies including signing, pricing, and loss prevention.
- Researches merchandise availability via computer database; requisitioning merchandise from stockroom and taking inventory of stock where needed.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
- Maintain a positive, guest-centric attitude by listening, understanding and responding to guest needs while being committed to the Customer First philosophy.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all associates and guests.
- Thorough knowledge of processing information and merchandise via a computer and POS register system.
- Have a working knowledge of word-processing, spreadsheet, inventory, Internet and order processing systems.
- Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret business reports, correspondence and procedures effectively while also accurately presenting information and responding to questions; ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions and percentages.
- Freely access all areas of the store including sales floor, stock area and register area by standing, walking, stooping, crawling, climbing, crouching and kneeling and lifting and/or moving up to 50 (fifty) to 100 (one hundred) pounds at any given time.
- Operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- 3-6 months of related experience
Golfsmith International Inc. - 22 months ago