Job Summary: Under general supervision completes assigned work to be a productive member of the operations team to deliver customer satisfaction and profit growth for the business unit and company.
Why Tozour-Trane Is The Best Company for Controls Technicians -
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trane is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC and Building Controls Systems
- Highly competitive and comprehensive total compensation program including total cash compensation, benefits, holiday and vacation pay and a company vehicle.
- Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimited opportunities for career development and promotions
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry (we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM) Level Training
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life balance
- Organizational encouragement of community involvement and sustainability (green initiatives)
- Responsible for installing and servicing products and equipment on assigned projects and ensuring customer satisfaction with little or no supervision and guidance.
- Uses a variety of hand tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications, to install, diagnose, repair, and program HVAC equipment.
- Has the following technical skills related to building automation systems:
- Ability to troubleshoot and add devices for all Trane products using the Rover software package.
- Ability to add/edit all required system graphics to the Tracer Summit software package. Able to create new and modify equipment graphics similar to the graphics library of objects.
- Ability to commission AHUs most Trane products including Tracer Summit programming and configuration. Ability to create and modify commissioning documents for each.
- Ability to lead commissioning activities for a building automation system and complete commissioning documentation
- Ability to lead other technicians in the startup and commissioning of building automation systems
- Ability to train lower level technicians
- Has a thorough understanding of the following communication protocols; Comm 4, Comm 5 (Lon), Ethernet, and Modbus. Capable of commissioning and troubleshooting equipment that uses the protocols listed. Capable of troubleshooting issues with the above protocols including software, equipment configuration, and wiring
- Capable of commissioning equipment that interfaces to all Trane controllers and hardware including; MP503s, MP520s, MP580s, and BCUs. Understands the use and application of each along with the capabilities. Suggests design changes as required to solve system issues encountered during startup.
- Ability to learn and understand basic programming for non-Trane systems as required including Distech controllers and Tridium JACE panels as well as other competitor systems such as Johnson and Siemens
- Certified in the Tridium Niagra AX programming platform. Ability to design and implement systems using the Tridium Niagra AX programming platform.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings including; wiring, architecture, and sequences. Capable of suggesting sequence changes to meet field conditions. Capable of completing red-line field changes to the drawings in the completion of as-built drawings.
- Calibrates systems requiring basic electronic test equipment
- Identifies, analyzes, diagnoses, and repairs instruments and products at customer locations.
- Reports problems and problem solutions to management
- Performs preventive maintenance and troubleshooting on building systems with complex software programs
- Performs basic inspections and testing on facility management systems
- Completes dispatch logs in a timely manner.
- Represents Tozour-Trane by serving as a direct customer contact.
- Supports HVAC Field Technicians by providing technical assistance and offering guidance
- Meets with customers to review assignments, problems and recommendations
- Communicates with supervisors/management as to job progress and issues of assigned work
- Capable of determining parts to order for repairs and timeliness of need.
- Conducts training and follow-up training at customer sites, as well as technical support.
- Conducts self-study such as reading, research and assigned practice to improve abilities in company’s products.
Other Responsibilities :
- Prioritizes workload and request to ensure customer and employee satisfaction are delivered.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
- Prepares reports and correspondence and maintains files.
- Completes paperwork including timesheets, expense sheets, work orders, on-site documentation, commissioning documentation and all related material required for the job
- Arrange and participate in meetings, conferences, and project team activities.
- Operate a variety of standard office machines, including a personal computer and a variety of computer software, phone, and fax, calculator, shredding machine and copy machine.
- Communicate verbally and in writing between customers/suppliers and relevant staff, and interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions. Provide accurate and timely information.
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance, and adherence to relevant health & safety procedures.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role. Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- Adhere to health and safety policy, and other requirements relating to care of equipment.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school in HVAC, electronics, or Computer Science related field and an advanced understanding of electronics, mechanical systems, and computer technology.
- Must have at least 3 to 5 years experience as a technician and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, AutoCAD, and programming.
- Must be familiar with Trane and other various HVAC parts.
- Must have solid leadership skills and the ability to coordinate multiple jobs.
- Must be able to openly communicate, work well with others and carry a positive attitude.