JPMorgan Chase (NYSE: JPM) is one of the oldest financial institutions in the United States. With a history dating back over 200 years, here's where we stand today:
We're doing our part to move the nation forward. Learn more about
- We are a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion.
- We operate in more than 60 countries.
- We have more than 240,000 employees.
- We serve millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
- We are a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
- Our stock is a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
The Way Forward
Centralized Transaction Operations IT (CTO IT) delivers timely solutions to solve complex problems by leveraging cutting-edge tools and processes. The environment is fast-paced and focused on delivering real business value to our customers. Data is extremely valuable and the organization generates massive amounts of it each and every day. Making sense of this data is absolutely critical to the success of our business.
As an Application Developer you will work with clients in supporting the data and reporting needs of various LOBs, understand their complex business processes and requirements, and translate them into a technology solution. A thorough understanding of metrics & performance reporting and presenting data in a way that is easily interpreted by end users is central to the role. The emphasis will be on developing intermediate SQL and PL/SQL based applications, reports and reporting solutions using Oracle database.
This may include, but is not limited to: creation of tables, stored procedures, SQL, views, triggers, packages, and all relevant database objects, as well as report objects and outputs.
Troubleshoot SQL errors and performance issues and address them as they arise.
Recommend and implement ways to streamline and automate processes.
Work under limited supervision and be responsible for or participate in various projects.
Have a positive attitude, a professional image, and the flexibility to take on assignments that may change priority.
Provide technical expertise and products to enable improvements in service quality, productivity and cost reduction.
- 3+ years experience with database-focused development leveraging Oracle, PL/SQL or other related technologies
- Experience in optimizing database performance, analyzing data access patterns, and optimize queries
- Excellent analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills coupled with a strong work ethic
- Relentless passion to learn and explore
- Ability to work closely with the business to understand their problems and provide creative solutions
- Translate business requirements into functional requirements and documentation
- Experience with the full development lifecycle from inception through implementation
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
- Experience with Java , Spring, JUnit, Maven, and Subversion
- Experience in a Lean/Agile work environment
- Oracle Application Express (APEX) development experience
- Experience with other relational databases such as DB2 and MS SQL
US-OH-Columbus-Polaris McCoy Center / 54101
Central Technology & Ops
JPMorgan Chase - 13 months ago
At JPMorgan Chase, the work we do matters. All of us are committed to putting our resources and our voices to work every day for our...