Please be sure to supply all information required pertaining to the open requirements to be considered, qualfied and eligible to continue in the recruitment process by 11:59pm, March 1, 2013.
Looking for strong technical skills and background in Oracle e-Business Suite Applications support
Provides professional technical support to Oracle R12 e-Business Suite Financials and/or Supply Chain in a production environment, with experience in two or more of the following modules: AP, AR, IEX, GL, XLA, PA, iE, INV, PO, WM, iP, OKC, OE, OM. Requires technical skills in Oracle Reports, Oracle Forms, PL/SQL and XML Publisher, with knowledge of customizations and interfaces a plus. Creates and maintains Service Requests with My Oracle Support; provides production maintenance and troubleshooting; testing processes, patches, and creating enhancements.
- May monitor the work of others and provide some coaching and mentoring.
- Consults with internal customers to identify and analyze current operational processes and systems and recommends technology solutions (hardware and software) that meet business goals.
- Participates in evaluating user requests to determine feasibility; estimate cost and time requirements; and assess compatibility with existing system configuration.
- Consults with users to map current operating procedures and clarify application objectives.
- Establishes decision matrix and procedures for system, job flow and database restoration.
- Directs and/or coordinates complex work-arounds and recoveries.
- Oversees and/or performs installation of hardware and software and evaluates suitability and compatibility.
- Directs and/or coordinates the implementation of programs, products, job flows, subsystems and databases.
- Monitors production systems and databases and initiates aversion, correction and restoration actions.
- Monitors accuracy, completeness, clarity, accessibility and timeliness of project and user documentation.
- Resolves operating problems, provides technical assistance and training to users in application enhancements and upgrades.
- Promulgates and enforces established technical and procedural standards.
- Plans, constructs or alters programs to support performance tracking.
- Assists in preparing documented proposals.
- Assists in managing vendor relationships.
- Assists with planning for the reengineering of existing applications, replacing inadequate applications and enhancing or expanding current applications.
- Designs, plans and implements programs, training and testing to support JEA/SJRPP disaster recovery/emergency plan efforts.
- Assists in disaster recovery testing.
- Resolves escalated problems, responds to new and unusual situations and recommends solutions to systemic problems.
- Participates in ongoing training to continuously upgrade technical knowledge and skills.
- Performs other job-related tasks as assigned.
Bachelors degree in the specific discipline being recruited or related field
four (4) years experience
An eight (8) year combination of education, training and experience.
Professional experience must be in the specific computer systems analysis, software development and/or system configuration discipline being recruited.
Required to assist in maintaining 24 X 7 systems availability.
A valid drivers license is required prior to employment and must be maintained during employment in this classification.
- Other Certification, Registration and/or Training specific to the job may be required during employment.
JEA is an equal opportunity and equal access employer that provides a safe, drug-free environment for its workers. Under F.S. 295, preference in appointment will be given to eligible veterans and eligible spouses. Veterans' preference in perpetuity: A person eligible for veterans' preference in appointment (defined by s. 295.07, FS) does not forfeit employment preference eligibility once that veteran or eligible spouse of the veteran has been employed by a state agency or any political subdivision of this state. Effective July 1, 2007, Florida law restores veterans' preference in employment for all categories of protected individuals previously employed by a state agency or any political subdivision of this state.
How To Apply
To be considered for this job opportunity, you must apply online at
. You must provide all required documents (e.g. High school diploma, GED equivalent, college transcripts, training documents, copies of professional licenses, DD214, etc) by attaching the documents to your electronic application by
11:59pm Friday, March 1, 2013
You can also fax your documents to 904-665-6192. Be sure to include a
with your name, date, and the position that you are applying for. If you do not submit required documentation prior to the close date for each position that you are applying for, you will not be considered.
As long as sparks are flying in Jacksonville, everything is A-OK with JEA. The community-owned, not-for-profit utility provides electricity...