About Emerging Health Information Technology:
Emerging Health Information Technology is a wholly owned subsidiary of Montefiore Medical Center. Emerging Health IT, a healthcare IT consulting and professional services company, is a dynamic organization that provides hospitals and medical centers with world-class healthcare information solutions. We provide an exciting, fast-paced environment in which dedication and innovation are rewarded and where individuals can make a difference in the lives of patients. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of healthcare through advanced IT solutions! Emerging Health IT is located in Yonkers, NY.
Application Analyst-Laboratory Information System/EMR is responsible for providing proper development and maintenance of interfaces and applications. They will develop workflows, test scripts, and assisting in software upgrades. The analyst is responsible for the successful and on-time completion of all implementation components and assigned tasks. These will include all project phases (including Analysis, Design, Build, Validation, Testing, Training, and Support) as well as documentation, change management (Lab compendium), issue/error management, and other project activities for all interfaces. This position will need appropriate subject matter expertise in the areas of interface development to facilitate successful solution design. The Analyst will need to establish and maintain strong relationships with the entire project team, clinical management, business owners and all levels of hospital staff.
- Analysis of user needs and requirements;
- Documenting requirements for each interface.
- Development of HL7 specifications for interface.
- Creation and execution of test plans
- Interface troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Writing user documentation.
Coordinate modifications to HL7 interfaces with different departments
- Interface between the departmental users/clients and the various divisions of MIS;
- Document workflow for each physician's office and how they will use an orders and results interface.
- Assist with workflow redesign and procedural changes;
- Communicate with the EMR vendors and identify and document requirements for orders and results interfaces.
- Develop interface specifications document based on site requirements.
- Create and execute test plans for each interface.
- Coordinate user and internal testing;
- Develop turnover documentation of interfaces to support.
- Develop and execute Unit, Integration and Regression test plan ensuring the integration between LIS and EMRs is as per agreed upon requirements..
- Resolve and re-test identified errors and problems;
- Troubleshoot HL7 and application issues related to EMR interfaces.
- Provide day-to-day operational support for Ancillary Systems.
- Triage network/workstation/hardware related issues;
IT clients, as needed;
- Recommend improvements and increase efficiency of the IT systems and users;
- Assist with coordination of vendor activities including hardware and software installation;
- Test new systems, version upgrades, interfaces and other system modifications;
- Provide 24 x 7 on-call coverage for user support on a rotating basis;
- Travel throughout all facilities within the Montefiore Medical Center hospitals and other Emerging Health
- Perform other related duties.
- Knowledge of implementation of QA requirements and SDLC methods.
- Knowledge of rules engines
- Knowledge of Master Patient Identifiers to ensure data integrity.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Health Informatics, medical technologist or a related field.
Experience will be considered in place of a degree.