Job Summary: Responsible for creating and maintaining the enterprise applications architecture strategy, target architecture and roadmaps to implement an enterprise applications architecture in coordination with the technology, information and security architectures
- Architects and provides overall guidance and structure for creating and maintaining the enterprise applications architecture of MSA
- Resolves high-level functional issues
- Selects the paradigm and technology for application program-to-program communication (APPC) among the components
- Determines the overall priority ranking of each of the possible system qualities (cost, reusability, robustness, extensibility, reliability) to design models that enforce the "balance of concerns"
- Responsible for defining the application tiers, frameworks, components types and interfaces. Also, creates the first-draft graphical template of UML design models used by the Project Teams
- Specifies and provides ownership of reusable application components or reusable application code
- Monitors the emerging standards for B2B & B2C internet interaction and sets the standards and technologies to be used by the enterprise. These include the existing HTML, applet & XML standards, and the emerging web services and semantic net standards
- Coordinates with the other architects on issues dealing with the quality flaws of the existing standards, especially security, session state and long-running transactions
- Builds a composite reference model to be used on internet-based applications, incorporating the models provided by the information, technology and security architects
- Handles Level 3 Service Support for Systems Administration
Role Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field preferred.
- 8+ year's experience architecting, developing, deploying and support complex computing applications
- Proven experience on enterprise systems integration projects
- Ability to apply design concept, layered architectures, components, interfaces, messaging and patterns.
- Ability to discover and define technical requirements.
- Strong collaboration and facilitation skills are required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Property and Casualty insurance experience is a plus.
- Good project management awareness and experience.
• Business Acumen - Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business.
• Influencing and Negotiation - Gaining others’ support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions; achieving desired business results through effective negotiation.
• Analytical Thinking/Decision Making - Knowledge of tools and techniques for effective use of a broad range of factors, assumptions, frameworks and perspectives when solving problems.
• Manage Project Execution - Ability to plan, organize, monitor and control projects ensuring efficient utilization of technical and administrative resources.
• Relationship Building - Initiates, develops, maintains, and strengthens partnerships with others inside or outside the organization.
• Logical Data Modeling - Knowledge of activities, tasks, processes, deliverables and techniques for analyzing and documenting conceptual/logical data models to capture domain knowledge and business rules.
• Data Warehousing - Knowledge of tools, techniques and practices for collecting, storing, organizing and dispensing information from and to multiple sources.
• SQL Server - Knowledge of and ability to use the SQL Server database system in a production environment.
• Database Design (Physical) - Knowledge of tools, techniques and practices for efficient and effective design and support of physical databases.
• Database Structures - Knowledge of a database management structures (relational, hierarchical., distributed...) and associated platforms.
• Oracle Administration - Knowledge of and ability to install, maintain and administer Oracle databases.